Guest Kelly pj

thinking of changint from 175 to a 176, help?!!

Guest Kelly pj

Hi to everyone! R u ready 4 this!!

We along with many many others are frustrated and confused:goofy:!! We lodged our visa on march 10th 2009 (skilled 175 PR) my OH is an electrician and things seemed relatively simple, until the 16th of march that is and his job was removed form the CSL!!! We are now thinking of changing to a 176 as we have known all along that we would like to live in south Oz (apart from a week or so when we looked at melbourne!!!!) I have family in and around Adelaide and its seems to have what we are looking for as a young family (we have 2 girls, aged 2 and 6) but when speaking to our agent she didnt seem that positive about it (changing visas that is, we have paid our final payment to them so probs cant b bothered with paperwork!!). Ive looked into it myself on the SA government website and it seems ok to do it and we seem to meet the criteria. :confused: so i guess what I'm asking is should we do it and has anyone done it/doing it?? Also looking at the form you need to fill in there is a section in which you need to write about your knowledge of further training etc.. you need to do on arrival into adelaide and before getting your full electricians license, cud any1 help on this matter?

We know u need to do it just not sure of the ins and outs! sorry if this is confusing to read, I feel like I'm rambling!! we are just so keen to get over there. Everything else is in place back here as we are going to rent our house. So its just a big old waiting game!!! I believe that SS is 2nd on the priorty list and MODL is 5th?

Oh also should mention my OH has done the vettassass and was successful

any advice would be greatly welcomed as didnt get a lot off our agents:err: A big thanks in advance

kelly xxx

Guest Dawny
    Hi to everyone! R u ready 4 this!!

We along with many many others are frustrated and confused:goofy:!! We lodged our visa on march 10th 2009 (skilled 175 PR) my OH is an electrician and things seemed relatively simple, until the 16th of march that is and his job was removed form the CSL!!! We are now thinking of changing to a 176 as we have known all along that we would like to live in south Oz (apart from a week or so when we looked at melbourne!!!!) I have family in and around Adelaide and its seems to have what we are looking for as a young family (we have 2 girls, aged 2 and 6) but when speaking to our agent she didnt seem that positive about it (changing visas that is, we have paid our final payment to them so probs cant b bothered with paperwork!!). Ive looked into it myself on the SA government website and it seems ok to do it and we seem to meet the criteria. :confused: so i guess what I'm asking is should we do it and has anyone done it/doing it?? Also looking at the form you need to fill in there is a section in which you need to write about your knowledge of further training etc.. you need to do on arrival into adelaide and before getting your full electricians license, cud any1 help on this matter?

We know u need to do it just not sure of the ins and outs! sorry if this is confusing to read, I feel like I'm rambling!! we are just so keen to get over there. Everything else is in place back here as we are going to rent our house. So its just a big old waiting game!!! I believe that SS is 2nd on the priorty list and MODL is 5th?

Oh also should mention my OH has done the vettassass and was successful

any advice would be greatly welcomed as didnt get a lot off our agents:err: A big thanks in advance

kelly xxx

Hi Kelly, we lodged 175 on the 10th of march, o/h taken off csl list also done vetassess and passed (plumber) After lots of thought we are opting for 176 now, as time scale can be any thing fom 12-24mths, as someone said people who lodged august 2008 should get their visa by 2010, which means we could be looking at end of 2010 - 2011, no way can i wait that long, we also said if house isn't ready you still have the same time scale as you would with 175, important thing is we have those visa's in the hand :arghh:

Guest Kelly pj

Hi dawny, thanks for the reply, It is so frustrating just when you think you can take a breather after finally lodging hey!!? Oh well positive thoughts! We need to get our skates on then and fill in the form online for SS!

Guest Dawny
    Hi dawny, thanks for the reply, It is so frustrating just when you think you can take a breather after finally lodging hey!!? Oh well positive thoughts! We need to get our skates on then and fill in the form online for SS!

Tell me about Kelly, its panic stations now, Good luck, where in Adelaide are you heading, we don't have a clue yet x

Guest Kelly pj
    Tell me about Kelly, its panic stations now, Good luck, where in Adelaide are you heading, we don't have a clue yet x

we would love to go to glenelg but property is mega bucks, haha I'm always on the internet looking at the fab houses!! so around glenelg would be lovely, we don't really want to be anymore than half an hour from Adelaide with work, things for the children, shops 4 me!!! etc... my auntie lives in woodcroft (emigrated 2yrs ago and LOVES it) and my uncle lives in Happy Valley (emigrated 26yrs ago!!!!!) defo this side of Adelaide, do you have children?

Guest Dawny
    we would love to go to glenelg but property is mega bucks, haha I'm always on the internet looking at the fab houses!! so around glenelg would be lovely, we don't really want to be anymore than half an hour from Adelaide with work, things for the children, shops 4 me!!! etc... my auntie lives in woodcroft (emigrated 2yrs ago and LOVES it) and my uncle lives in Happy Valley (emigrated 26yrs ago!!!!!) defo this side of Adelaide, do you have children?

We were looking at Happy valley! Spooky.. It does look a real nice area to live, So much to think about when you have the kids regarding schooling etc, My main problem is i don't drive. spent my years learning to drive a horse and cart lol, Driving in a stuffy car was a big no no for me, happiest on horse's, which is one of the reasons we want a little land as i would love to have them back and teach the kids to ride x

Guest Kelly pj
    We were looking at Happy valley! Spooky.. It does look a real nice area to live, So much to think about when you have the kids regarding schooling etc, My main problem is i don't drive. spent my years learning to drive a horse and cart lol, Driving in a stuffy car was a big no no for me, happiest on horse's, which is one of the reasons we want a little land as i would love to have them back and teach the kids to ride x

How strange is that!! Good choice my uncle loves it there and is very happy. My auntie lives in woodcroft and she says the school is excellent there, she has 2 boys 11 and 9yrs old. Ooooo yes having horses does sound lovely, my daughter Ellie has lessons here and loves it. I feel the same about driving thing, I do drive but I dont want to have to get in the car evrytime I want to go the school, shops, park, beach etc. Where we live now is a small village and I walk to collect ellie from school and to go to the park and shops etc so I would like to do it in Oz 2. We are going to stay with my auntie for the first few weeks when we finally do get out there, find our feet and then look for a rental, like I said sumwhere near glenelg wud be lovely. :cute: We'll have to keep in touch ,especially seen as we lodged at the same time it will be interesting to see how everything develops, everything crossed, lots of luck and determination hehe!

Guest Dawny

Thats even more spooky, my Daughter is called Ellie and she is almost 11 years old, My son is Kyle he is nearly 8 and the youngest is Aimee and has just turned 5 years old, she is horse mad!!!!

We also live within walking distance to the school and shops,

Of course i will keep in touch, see how we both go along in this long road to the visa, Well we have to finish the application now for the 176, oh what joy more form filling lol xx

hi kelly, dont quote me on this we are going through the process ourselves now, if you have taken the vetaccess exams and all, if they have accepted your application they should refer it to 176 automatically as 175 no longer exists, my friend is an electrician and is going through the same thing as yourselves and this is what he has told me, hope i have been of any use..gary

Guest Kelly pj
    hi kelly, dont quote me on this we are going through the process ourselves now, if you have taken the vetaccess exams and all, if they have accepted your application they should refer it to 176 automatically as 175 no longer exists, my friend is an electrician and is going through the same thing as yourselves and this is what he has told me, hope i have been of any use..gary

Hi gary, It's a headache isnt it haha!!!:chatterbox: Ive spoke 2 my agent and there is still a 175 as the jobs are still on the MODL and she states that if we want to change to a 176 this is not a problem and there is no charge!!! (which we were rather shocked at:shocked:) but there are differences, as you'll see from other posts you need to fill in a pro-forma to declare u have a certain amount in the bank etc.. we'll carry on regardless and keep everything crossed, good luck to you and ur family. positive thoughts, positive thoughts!!!! kelly

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Kelly pj

There are loads of people switching as the processing time should be much quicker.

If you are considering applying for state sponsorship from SA, you would be as well to submit your online application BEFORE the 31st March. The SA Govt is going to review it's list on this day and possibly remove some occupations. They will however, still process your application if, at the time of sumitting, your occupation is on the current list.

Cheers.