Guest Guest75

We have scorpions too!

Guest Guest75

:biglaugh:

Not trying to put anyone off coming here - but here at Tyke Towers we do see a fair bit of wild life.

Some welcome and ermmm some not.

We even see the odd scorpion in the house,small but perfectly formed.No bigger than a 10c piece.

They will sting but apparently similar to a bee sting.

We do tend to walk in bare feet at home as well.......:arghh:

Into the dust pan they go......

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

Many years ago we were surorised to find scorpions at the bottom of the pit in my my mum's garage. Not at all like the ones in movies and as you say quite tiny. Leave em alone and they'll leave you alone, pretty much like all the local wildlife......except drunkenus hoonicus saturdayicus lol.

Guest sjs

Well we have been here near 5 months and only seen 1 redback in our shed, a few house spiders. Oh and a kangaroo bouncing along our street early one morning. So all in all for us not seen too many scary or dangerous things (thankfully), oh and there was the time at Christies Beach where we had to clear the water as the plane sounded a siren for a shark alert, so all in all quite good really :err:

Guest Guest75
    OMG Tyke....I thought you only had crabs!!!

:wubclub: LC

Nah - just luv bites from Koalas.:err:

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh:Loads of badies everywhere, our fellow mate guzzler has heaps of scorpions in the house ......and his little ruby got a little nip of one the other day but nothing to worry about as there not posionus.

oh my god... this is the only thing that I can't get my head round about aus... Spiders, snakes, scorpions and sharks...

I know it will be fine and I will learn what to do but I worry about the kids!!

We have had a number of white tip spiders in the house and 1 very large red tip spider living in the brick of our house (insect sprays and hand hovers have come in very handy) but I didn't realise I had to look out for scorpians too, omg creepy crawly's give me the creeps, do the sprays work on them too?

Julie

Guest Guest75
    We have had a number of white tip spiders in the house and 1 very large red tip spider living in the brick of our house (insect sprays and hand hovers have come in very handy) but I didn't realise I had to look out for scorpians too, omg creepy crawly's give me the creeps, do the sprays work on them too?

Julie

Dunno about sprays.

They are fairly crunchy so we use the dustpan & brush and let em' go swimming at the sewage farm;)

"Red tip" spiders???? ....Red backs??????

Well be careful you never know when these things come back and bite you on the bum.

Sorry about the spider is it called a red back or red tip, I don't know but hubby said it is apparently in the top five deadlest insects in Australia.

Julie