ozzieclare2be

freeview anyone have?

We are thinking of getting rid of foxtel in july when contract is up and replacing it with a freeview box. Can anyone tell me if they have it what channels they can recieve? Are there any childrens channels?

We picked up one from Big W but you don't get much (not ours anyway it was only a $19 cheapie) I think we have channel 7 and chanel 10 and the same again in HD and some foreign channel we only have ours on in the mornings to find out the local news.

Julie

We picked up one from Big W but you don't get much (not ours anyway it was only a $19 cheapie) I think we have channel 7 and chanel 10 and the same again in HD and some foreign channel we only have ours on in the mornings to find out the local news.

Julie

wow you can get a box that cheap?!

Yeap but please bere in mind it only has 2 watchable chanels which is why it was probably soooo cheap, and I think it was from Big W, we got it last November when we first came I think we were here a couple of weeks, you have to subscibe to get anything else

Julie

Guest cornish Busdriver

I got a freeview box from Coles at $65.

I get channels 1, 7, 7+1, 7+2, 7+3 7HD, 9, 9+1 & 2, HD , 10, 10+1 & 2, 10HD, SBS, SBS1 & 2, SBS HD and i think all the same again in ABC.

HD is free if you got a HD TV and most of the time all the +1 & 2 are the same as normal but its spose to be changing soon with new sports channels starting up.

Hope this helps

I got a freeview box from Coles at $65.

I get channels 1, 7, 7+1, 7+2, 7+3 7HD, 9, 9+1 & 2, HD , 10, 10+1 & 2, 10HD, SBS, SBS1 & 2, SBS HD and i think all the same again in ABC.

HD is free if you got a HD TV and most of the time all the +1 & 2 are the same as normal but its spose to be changing soon with new sports channels starting up.

Hope this helps

So can you use that box with a non-digital tv and get all that?

Guest stormywhether

Lol - love the time lapse channels, and the way the freeviewmongers probably big them up as a great feature! I can understand +1, but +3 - how funny!

If you're 3 hours late watching something you probably didn't want to see it in the first place.

The new Freeview service technically started yesterday, as Ten launched their new channel, One HD, which will be just for sport (just in time for the AFL season). You'll get a total of 15 channels, 3 for ABC, 3 for SBS etc (same 7, 9 and 10).

If you already have a digital TV with an inbuilt HD digital tuner then you already have access to all the free-to-air digital channels that are/will be available; if not, then you need to get a HD box as some channels will be HD-only.

J.

We bought our Digital HD set top box from Target last week. We got a bargain. It was reduced down to $83 from $129 but as it was the last one and the display model, they reduced it down to $63! We haven't set it up yet and I hope it works as we don't have a digital TV. My hubby says there's nothing wrong with the tv we have so he's not going to buy a new one.