Guest The Bowmans

Advice needed - what shall we pack for reccie?

Guest The Bowmans

This is one for Lisa, Tyke, and everything else already "on the other side".....

This weekend is the washing/ironing marathon that usually precedes our holidays (sorry I know this is a reccie not a holiday....!). What sort of clothes should we be bringing? I know it's winter so should we just go full-on with coats/jumpers/gloves/hats/boots (tricky since I threw mine away in April.....) etc or should we aim for winter plus a bit of autumn/spring.... Did I mention I also have to do Summer for Singapore and take account of the monsoon conditions here fo the journey to and from the airport....nightmare.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Deena :)

I know I am not over the other side (as yet) but from my experience a jumper for daytime and an umbrella for rain, (probably not often). It will turn quite cold at night so pack your thermal pyjamas and maybe a fleece to go out in. I don't think you will see too many in shorts at this time of the year!!.

Hope this helps, and have a good trip.

Guest Django

Take your Arsenal shirt with you. If you get cold you could always burn it to keep warm.;):D:D:p

Pete

Hi - I would aim for spring in UK. At the moment it goes down to about 2 or 3 at night then up to about 15 in the day. Bit of rain expected but generally fine.

Guest dglamoore

If you think early UK spring you would probably get it right - long sleeve tops, lights jumpers etc and something really warm for the evenings as it does get cold.

I seem to spend most of my time in jeans and light jumpers at the moment and a nice thick jumper on top in the evening. And had to go and buy some boots as my feet were cold :o

Aussies are into hats, coats scarves etc but we have not felt that cold yet - maybe next year after an aussie summer we will :(

Lisa:cool:

Guest Guest75

Hi Deena

It does get cold here so bring layers!!

The last few days have been lovely and sunny but the nights and early mornings are very cold!!

To us it is the coldest winter we have had in 7 years!!

It might be that we are just becoming soft and acclimatised.

We can handle those hot summers better now though!!:)

Guest The Bowmans

Thanks guys

All advice has been gratefully received. Jumpers and long sleeves have been taken out of the loft and are in the washing machine as we speak! That said, it's cold, wet and miserable here today so might need them for here too this week!

Thanks again - can't wait to be there now.

Deena:)

ps. Very funny Pete! Even I laughed, probably because I feel like burning my shirt at the moment - especially as it's got "14, Henry" on it!

Guest Django

ps. Very funny Pete! Even I laughed, probably because I feel like burning my shirt at the moment - especially as it's got "14, Henry" on it!

:eek: You could always paint some stripes on it to look Barcelonaish. ;) Full of help tips and advice me. Enjoy your trip. Bring back loads of pikkies of Addy for us stuck here to drool over. :D

Pete

Guest magicsprout

pack a jacket, weve just come back off reccie and it was a bit chilly. especially down at victor harbour, (you gotta do the penguin spottin). Adelaide is a fab place btw really friendly cant wait to get out now.