Guest pauljoinoz

Private medical insurance

Guest pauljoinoz

Friends of ours are looking for private healthcare & wondered if anyone had a recommendations of reasonable companies.

Thank you

Well we use Mutual Community. We have 3 teenagers and it only cost a little more to cover my son until he is 25 as he is not a full time student. My daughter as a uni student remains covered as a child. We have general extras as well to cover dental, podietry, physio, optical. There are lots of dentists, hosps affiliated with MC so you can pay little or no gap if you use them.

I just started with MC as well, as they were recommended to me, so at this point, I'd give them a thumbs up, for customer service at least.

Guest Fancy a Beer

We wouldn't bother!! I dont say that lightly we stressed about this when we first arrived and so glad we didnt sucumb to the "its what everyone else does" thing!

From our experience of having none and having had several incidents one of which was VERY major, having no private health meant nothing, we were seen same day/next day booked in for ops etc within a week, we have found the health service here BRILLIANT!

Dentist wise we dont have any private funding and from the horror stories we keep hearing wont be going down that route either! Its very different here to the UK I worked for a Private Health Care Company for years and here it is all about GAP payments, you pay a huge monthly sum and then when you come to use the policy you STILL need to pay a big gap payment!!

My OH had tooth ache the other day, rang the dentist was seen that day, he was asked if he had dental care, said no, quoted $150 for filling etc, went back 2 days later had filling charged $85 only. Friend exactly the same WITH dental cover, total bill $500 Gap Payment $100!!! All we can see thats different is that he got his teeth cleaned???

Personally I would put the money into an account each month and use it when you need to on medical expenses!