minkyme29

Apple iphone

Hi everyone...

It is my beloved's birthday very soon and have decided that a great pressie for him would be the Apple iphone.

I don't have long to get my act together before the big day so am asking if any of you have any ideas as to prices, networks (currently with Virgin mobile and would be simpler to stay that way!) where to buy for the best deal etc.

Thanks in advance

Dette :)

If you don't want a contract, get an Optus locked iPhone, on prepaid - Virgin runs over the same network so the network lock should not affect the phone - we're on Virgin but have Optus mobiles (better choice).

Justin.

Guest caoimhe

My O/H has one with an Optus sim and only puts $30-$40 a month in and he texts and emails back home constantly and uses internet all the time. Whatever you do don't get Telstra, in 1 month with a Telestra sim he spent $150

...My O/H has one with an Optus sim...

Slightly off topic...but how's he getting on with it? I have a 2nd gen Touch and a Nokia phone so was debating getting one so I carry a single device. My only concern is that you look a bit of a wally using it...no offence intended. Does he find it a little large for a phone?

It may just be my perception because the screen is so large - it's actually smaller than the Samsung Blackjack II they use here at work.

J.

Guest caoimhe
    Slightly off topic...but how's he getting on with it? I have a 2nd gen Touch and a Nokia phone so was debating getting one so I carry a single device. My only concern is that you look a bit of a wally using it...no offence intended. Does he find it a little large for a phone?

It may just be my perception because the screen is so large - it's actually smaller than the Samsung Blackjack II they use here at work.

J.

He absolutely loves it, he wanted me to get one but I honestly can't see the appeal. To me it's too big as a phone and too small a screen for emails and internet

He looks like a wally even when he doesn't use it so makes little odds:biglaugh:

...he wanted me to get one but I honestly can't see the appeal...

If you get the bus or train to work they're brilliant - catch up with 24, footie or anything else you don't have time to watch, plus the odd movie or two. If Stephen wants the software for that (assuming he doesn't have it already) drop me a PM.

If you don't want a contract, get an Optus locked iPhone, on prepaid - Virgin runs over the same network so the network lock should not affect the phone - we're on Virgin but have Optus mobiles (better choice).

Justin.

That sounds just the ticket...will check them out at Marion Westfield asap. Thanks again everyone :)