Dolphins & Seals at Hallett Cove

Guest Roo1

I've just come back from an early morning stroll on the Espy with Carly my Labrador. What a beautiful morning! At 9am its not too hot and nice fresh air but the most amazing thing is looking out to the sea. The water was as still as a mill pond, fishing boats bobbed up and down and (very excitingly) dolphins swam in their pods (about 4 pods) and seals hugged the shoreline, with their characteristic one arm (fin) hanging in the air!

Its been one of those mornings when it suddenly hits me where I am living.....it doesn't happen to me that often.....but today is one of those days! ;)

I thought I'd share.......lol

Judi x

What a lovely picture you painted there! I am often on the beach but never that early as have the school run through the week so enjoy my lazy weekend mornings in the house! Must make an effort I rekon though as sounds just glorious!

Guest ReadyPenny

I too am on the school run earlymornings and today I am just out of bed and still bog eyed at the moment!!!!! Amber would love to sea dolphins and seals, we are heading down to Christies this afternoon for a swim. I woke up the other morning and suddenly thought, hey, I have actually done it, I have moved to Australia and it wasnt just all talk!!!!! Never thought I would do it, but I did LOL

Guest cazzie
I've just come back from an early morning stroll on the Espy with Carly my Labrador. What a beautiful morning! At 9am its not too hot and nice fresh air but the most amazing thing is looking out to the sea. The water was as still as a mill pond, fishing boats bobbed up and down and (very excitingly) dolphins swam in their pods (about 4 pods) and seals hugged the shoreline, with their characteristic one arm (fin) hanging in the air!

Its been one of those mornings when it suddenly hits me where I am living.....it doesn't happen to me that often.....but today is one of those days! ;)

Judi x

Hello Judi,

Hope you are ok. What you have described is just magical and yes, it does bring it home to you where you actually are. I felt like that last night - we were sitting on a bench overlooking Seacliff beach and Kingston park with a glass of wine and the sea was gorgeous. It was so still and the sky so blue that the entire sea looked silvery green with the tiniest waves lapping the shore looking a dark blue colour. The orange sun setting over it all was simply breathtaking - I had never seen the sea looking like that and it made me appreciate being here all the more.

Take care and enjoy your day,

Cazzie x

Cazzie - Ian and I had a rare night out and finished off going to the Seacliff Pub, so I know exactly what you are talking about. Is it this time of year, i wonder, which makes the sunsets so breath taking??

ReadyPenny - You'll love Christies Beach for a day with the kids. Take a walk right down to O'Sullivans and back, its just so beautiful. My friends have an appartment on the front there, they are so lucky to see that view every day and sit on their balcony having a glass of wine or two.....heaven.

thanks for the replies and glad its not just me with the "rose" tinted glasses on. This morning my glasses where as plain as......:jiggy:

J x

Guest Guest75

Yup - there are loads of Dolphins around at the moment.

One came and had a look at us when we were moored off Southport yesterday.

Coming back into the boat ramp at O'Sullies there was another one just lazing around and having a nosey.

We too saw the amazing sunset on Saturday night. We were driving to Glenelg, on our way to a very rare evening out, and as we drove down Ocean Boulevard, were moved by the beautiful view of the ocean and orange horizon. The sea was so still it was easy to see where the dolphins were without having to catch sight of their dorsal fins.

We are certainly very lucky people to be here, I lived in a lovely place in the UK but nothing compares to being here.

Dette :)

Tony was fishing on Sunday afternoon off of the rocks at HC beach and he said that he felt as if someone was watching him , as he looked back at the sea there was a SHARK just looking straight at him. Not sure who was more frightened !!! but the shark just swam calmly off towards Nourlunga, and a little later the helicopter was hovereing over the beach trying to track it. He said it was an amazing sight but he is not sure if he wants to repeat it !!!!!

Guest Cunnah97

Judi x

Hi Judi

what a lovely thread.....you have me sitting here now wondering "WHAT AM I DOING BACK HERE AGAIN IN THE UK"......scenes like that of the sea,dolphins & sealions do make me rather envious!!!

how long do you have now before the new arrival?

I am on my son's account (cunnah97)as i have forgotten my password(again)must contact Tim!

Gill x

Hi Judi

what a lovely thread.....you have me sitting here now wondering "WHAT AM I DOING BACK HERE AGAIN IN THE UK"......scenes like that of the sea,dolphins & sealions do make me rather envious!!!

how long do you have now before the new arrival?

I am on my son's account (cunnah97)as i have forgotten my password(again)must contact Tim!

Gill x

Hiya Gill,

Glad to see you are still popping on here. You'll be pleased to know the weather is now getting cooler and we have rain...yeah! I saw Trish on sat eve round at Bernie's, she said she missed you! I have 15 weeks left and counting.........xxxx :cute:

Drop me an email hun.

J xxx