Guest The Pickles

Shipping times

Guest The Pickles

Hi everyone, what seems to be the real time of shipping a container over from the UK? We'll be shipping our stuff over about 4 days before we fly out and wonder how long we'll be without our household things...

Thanks!

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (3 years) - flights booked 29 June

Think its about 6 - 8 weeks from what I remember and then you have to allow for customs which is about another week.

Lea

Hi - yeah we've just been told 63 days from Robinsons - but apparently some shipping companies [eg John masons] give maybe two shipping time options depending upon which liner they use [??] - obviously you could expect to pay a bit more for the quicker one. Are you going for a full container or a shared one? Cos if you're only a part container you may be delayed more waiting for it to be filled up by someone else [so i've heard someone who made the move a couple of years ago say from experience!]. good luck with it all anyway!! Jacinta

Guest Tracijbc

Depends on whether it's a sole use container or groupage (shared use). We had groupage and it took from 17th March until 28th July (last year) for our stuff to arrive here in Adelaide. I know that sole use is quicker though, but do bear the timeline in mind when deciding what to pack/ship.....:)

T x

Guest Bakers

Hi ours was shipped on 18th October & delivered to our rental on December 12th so not too bad that was with anglo pacific & just in time for christmas it was wonderful & they unpacked & took the packaging away! Good luck with move Tess x