Sign in to follow this  
Guest bentkitty

Any accountants/finance managers heading to Adelaide?

Guest bentkitty

We are in the final stretch now, unless the government decides to take accountants off the CSL! Got our CO assigned a few weeks ago, meds and PCCs done so all going well we should be in Oz sometime in June. Was wondering if anyone knows what the job market is like in Adelaide - hoping that accountants are still one of life's boring necessities in SA!:o

Guest ben&sharon

Hiya,

Funny that I missed this - I usually keep an eye out for other accountants, since we seem to be a bit thin on the ground on this site.

We've just agreed a completion date of July 17th on our house, so I guess we'll be a couple of months ahead of you, so I'll let you know more when we get there, but I'm currently registered with Hays and I had a meeting with them when we were out there in September.

It sounds like the market is pretty similar to here - the jobs are there if you've got the skills. I have seen a few listed on careerone that are at the right level for me, but I have been advised that without the exposure to Aus GAAP, I may have to contract for a while or accept a lower position for a short period so that I can shadow someone. I'm currently contracting anyway, so I have no fear of doing that, and it might be the best way to get up to speed quickly.

I'll try and feed you more info when I know!!

Good luck with your plans,

Sharon.

Guest ben&sharon
    Hiya,

Funny that I missed this - I usually keep an eye out for other accountants, since we seem to be a bit thin on the ground on this site.

We've just agreed a completion date of July 17th on our house, so I guess we'll be a couple of months ahead of you, so I'll let you know more when we get there, but I'm currently registered with Hays and I had a meeting with them when we were out there in September.

It sounds like the market is pretty similar to here - the jobs are there if you've got the skills. I have seen a few listed on careerone that are at the right level for me, but I have been advised that without the exposure to Aus GAAP, I may have to contract for a while or accept a lower position for a short period so that I can shadow someone. I'm currently contracting anyway, so I have no fear of doing that, and it might be the best way to get up to speed quickly.

I'll try and feed you more info when I know!!

Good luck with your plans,

Sharon.

Hi,

Just a quick update - we've been here a week now and I went in to see Hays on Tuesday. They've been really pro-active, contrary to other reports I've seen on here, and they've lined me up for an interview tomorrow morning, with what looks like a pretty good company based locally. Of course, I won't know 'till I've been. :) But if you're looking for a contact at Hays, then you could do worse than to speak to Caroline Rosenthal - she's been really good so far.

All the best,

Sharon.