Motorbike Insurance Companies

Guest Alan and Jodi

Guest Alan and Jodi

Hi,

Can anyone reccommend any bike insurance companies?

Our bikes have arrived and just been cleared by customs. We will be riding on our UK licenses (we're here on a 457 visa)....will that make a difference? (I haven't been able to get any online quotes because of this). I'll thumb through MCN for phone nos. but thought I'd ask people with personal experience!

Thanks

Jodi

:D

I hav used EBike for the last 2 years, and they are great. And also QBE are very very good, slightly more expensive in my case, but more cover. Get yourself down to Motor Licencing and get a SA licence, they will convert your bike licence at same time. Will help redice the cost of insurance. What type of bikes do you have?

Guest Alan and Jodi

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply and the PM, will have a look! OH has an RSVR Mille and I have a GSXR750 K5. Saw your post and pics re Phillip Island WSBK, sounds and looks like you had a great time! We were there but had to fly cos of lack of bikes.

This may be a stupid question but can we get SA licenses on a 457 visa or do we have to have PR? I'm sure I read somewhere we need to be PR's but last week at the V8's in town a guy on the EZYPLATE stand said the same thing as you!

Jodi

I am currently on 457 visa(well for a couple more months), and i got my SA licence within 2 weeks of getting here. You need to take your UK licence (both parts), your passport with your visa's stamped in them, and i think a copy of your rental tenancy or something. They will then take your pic, and give you a piece of paper until the photo licence comes through. Just make sure you put your motorcycle entitlement on the form when you fill it in as there is no box for it, but write it at the bottom of the form. Oh and GREAT bikes by the way, so jealous of the mille, but i kinda love my gixer thousand, done some work on it too, so it goes a fair bit!! Lol

Guest Alan and Jodi

Thanks for your help Shaun! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks once the bikes are on the road we will definately come along to some of the meets. Look forward to discovering the biking roads of SA!

Alan & Jodi