Guest ReadyPenny

I started work today!

Guest ReadyPenny

Well I started work today, so far so good. Job is exactly 6 mins from home, no traffic, car park to park in so no parking fees and, from what I can see, job is a walk in the park, compared to what I used to do in the UK. Hooray am well chuffed and Sean is ecstatic, because now, not only am I not in the shops spending, but I am also earning so double whammy for him!!!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: Best thing is though, rate of pay is slightly more that I got in UK with one tenth of the stress levels and responsibility.

Good luck to all the job hunters out there, I hope it happens for you soon.

Mandy

Guest brandyslad

So good to hear positive work news! Glad it is going well.

Guest happy feet

Bloody hell Mandy that was quick....Well done and sounds great!!!!Al sounds like it is going good for you.

cara x

Guest Martin and Val

Congratulations Mandy,:jiggy:

It's a great feeling isn't it.

Martin

Guest the4hopes

Will you still have time to meet for a chat?

Laura x

Guest ReadyPenny

Thanks for all your replies. Laura, I am going to be working 5hrs a day, 4 days a week, but as yet the hours are not set in concrete. I will know what they are next week though, am working on getting Friday off, but not sure if this will happen. However, will definately have 1 day a week free, just dont know which one yet!!!!!

Mandy

Guest Lisajonesey

That's fantastic!!!!

Well done, you...! It's SO NICE to hear things going well on the job front out there, and fantastic to see how quickly you found something!

This is my number 1 worry.. but everyone is different.. it just makes me feel a little less nervous seeing some good news stories like this!

How are you finding it out there?

Lisa.x

:cute:

Guest ReadyPenny
    That's fantastic!!!!

Well done, you...! It's SO NICE to hear things going well on the job front out there, and fantastic to see how quickly you found something!

This is my number 1 worry.. but everyone is different.. it just makes me feel a little less nervous seeing some good news stories like this!

How are you finding it out there?

Lisa.x

:cute:

Hi Lisa

To be honest, we love it! We have met some great people from the site and enjoyed some fantastic weather recently. We were down at Christies Beach on Sunday with a friend we met on here and her daughter, we have a great laugh, splashing about and swimming in the sea, being overcome by huge waves - I even got my hair wet LOL! We are adjusting well the the lifestyle and Sean has settled into work and Amber into school, so no complaint. We still need to find a more permenant and suitable rental, but I am not overly worried about it, we still have 6 weeks until our container arrives and clears customs etc. When are you guys expecting to come out here?

Mandy

Guest Lisajonesey
    Hi Lisa

To be honest, we love it! We have met some great people from the site and enjoyed some fantastic weather recently. We were down at Christies Beach on Sunday with a friend we met on here and her daughter, we have a great laugh, splashing about and swimming in the sea, being overcome by huge waves - I even got my hair wet LOL! We are adjusting well the the lifestyle and Sean has settled into work and Amber into school, so no complaint. We still need to find a more permenant and suitable rental, but I am not overly worried about it, we still have 6 weeks until our container arrives and clears customs etc. When are you guys expecting to come out here?

Mandy

Sounds like you've settled in really well!!!! oh, it sounds so good.. I want to be there right now!!!

We arrive on 12th June, we're having a few weeks to visit family, and we're going to have a few days in Hong Kong on the way out there... So fingers crossed we'll be able to find something too..

I'm going to try and not worry too much about work etc till we get out there.. We're hoping to get our accomadation through the On Arrival Scheme.. Is that what you did??

I'm so pleased for you guys!! It makes me even more excited!!1 (now the freaking out about moving is over!!)

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Congratulations Penny, everything seems to be going to plan!]

sarah

Guest katypritchard

ooooh wats this On Arrival Accommodation Scheme - haven't heard of this one!!!!!

Guest ems

So pleased you enjoyed your first day. It will be great when you start earning the money though lol. Hope everything else is going ok. Chat soon.xxx

Guest rockpool crab
    Well I started work today, so far so good. Job is exactly 6 mins from home, no traffic, car park to park in so no parking fees and, from what I can see, job is a walk in the park, compared to what I used to do in the UK. Hooray am well chuffed and Sean is ecstatic, because now, not only am I not in the shops spending, but I am also earning so double whammy for him!!!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh: Best thing is though, rate of pay is slightly more that I got in UK with one tenth of the stress levels and responsibility.

Good luck to all the job hunters out there, I hope it happens for you soon.

Mandy

Hi Mandy..wooooot..sounds a fab job! great to hear some good news on here..very encouraging :-)

Have fun...sounds like you're settling in just great.

TTFN...Carol Ann