The Monaghans

Expat Playgroup - Update

Just an update regarding my earlier thread on the expat playgroup in Woodcroft/Happy Valley. Unfortunately the Thursday 1.00pm slot has now been taken and the only slot available is Tuesday at 3.00pm. I have rejected this pretty much out of hand as I know a lot of us will be picking up older children from school at around this time so it was a non starter really. Sadly then, I'm afraid that the expat playgroup is now no more. Hayley will be handing over the keys and accounts for the last time next week so if anybody feels like they want to come along one last time and give it a nice send off then please feel free. Many thanks to those of you who expressed an interest in the new playgroup and my apologies that this can no longer happen. I see no reason however why we can't arrange the occasional meet up somewhere, perhaps Play & Fun at Christies Beach or the reserve at Seacliffe on fine days. I will certainly post when arranging this.

Thanks again, and thanks especially to Hayley & Eirian for their support and attendance over the last few weeks and months!:notworthy:

Thanks for sharing the news Liz. I'm sorry to hear that the group has ended.

Could it be started up at a later date perhaps? How long do the sessions get booked out for?

Thats such a shame Liz, are there any alternative venues?

I think there is something at Aberfoyle Hub - would you like me to look at any options?

Guest xhaylesx

:sad: You know im really sad about this, without this group I would still be sat at home speaking to nobody other than my 3 yr old. I have met some really amazing people and am sad that new migrants wont have that opportunity so readily available.

Thanks Liz for trying.....just wanted to add actually that I have been informed the playgroup is closed next Tuesday so there will be no send off.:sad:

Thats such a shame Liz, are there any alternative venues?

I think there is something at Aberfoyle Hub - would you like me to look at any options?

By all means Rach, I just think it would be such a shame for the whole thing to fold. Let me know how you get on.

:sad: You know im really sad about this, without this group I would still be sat at home speaking to nobody other than my 3 yr old. I have met some really amazing people and am sad that new migrants wont have that opportunity so readily available.

Thanks Liz for trying.....just wanted to add actually that I have been informed the playgroup is closed next Tuesday so there will be no send off.:sad:

Thanks hun, looks like it's everybody round to mine then!

well actually was going to suggest you keep it going privately. It seems you have a core group although small, it will grow again as peopl have expressed their interest. You can do zoo trips, beach trips, or whatever aswell. Move it from peoples houses with people bringing snacks to share.

i know this works because people i know have kept their mother and new baby group going in this way even when their kids reach school age.

Guest xhaylesx

Thats what we did Rach, there has only been 2/3 of us since Christmas. Thats not to say that we wont continue to see each other, no way, simply that it isnt worth paying membership fees when we can meet elsewhere as a small group.

Guest donna T

As you know I coudn't make the Tuedays any longer as Izzy went to Kindy from February but I would love to come along to whatever is arranged if you can do the Thursday - Izzy woudl love to catch up with everyone too. xxx

hey guys thats a real shame, I have recently arrived in adelaide now living in port Noarlunga and was looking forward to going to a playgroup with sienna 2... this one would have been great, maybe we could try and sort something out, rotate houses etc. play ground meets etc xx

hey guys thats a real shame, I have recently arrived in adelaide now living in port Noarlunga and was looking forward to going to a playgroup with sienna 2... this one would have been great, maybe we could try and sort something out, rotate houses etc. play ground meets etc xx

Hi

You could also try the frieda corpe kindi just up from Port Noarlunga primary school, they have a play group on a friday morning... not sure of time as i went a year ago with my eldest..i will be going next term with my 1yr old, they are all friendly and im sure if you give the kindi a call they will tell you all about the playgroup...

Hope that helps, might see you over there

Jo:wubclub:

Hi

You could also try the frieda corpe kindi just up from Port Noarlunga primary school, they have a play group on a friday morning... not sure of time as i went a year ago with my eldest..i will be going next term with my 1yr old, they are all friendly and im sure if you give the kindi a call they will tell you all about the playgroup...

Hope that helps, might see you over there

Jo:wubclub:

yes I will try there thanks Jo, its is 2 mins walk from my house.. Eldest goes to Port Noarlunga primary.. Yours????? heidi x

yes I will try there thanks Jo, its is 2 mins walk from my house.. Eldest goes to Port Noarlunga primary.. Yours????? heidi x

yes he's in yr1 with mrs harley, hows your eldest finding it???

Might see you around

Jo

yes he's in yr1 with mrs harley, hows your eldest finding it???

Might see you around

Jo

Hi Jo just PMd you then realised you were the same person on this thread.. DOH. She loves the school looking forward to beach carnival next week. fancy a a coffee at mine next week ? heidi

Hi Heidi

Jo is my friend I was telling you about whose son goes to Port Noarlunga School. If you are meeting for coffee can I come too? Available Monday or Tuesday. I hope you got my text message about not going to play and fun on Friday.

See you soon

Paula x

Hi Heidi

Jo is my friend I was telling you about whose son goes to Port Noarlunga School. If you are meeting for coffee can I come too? Available Monday or Tuesday. I hope you got my text message about not going to play and fun on Friday.

See you soon

Paula x

Hey Paula

Just sorted out something with heidi for tuesday (playgroup) but if you both fancy meeting up on monday i would love too...let me know when and where and i will be there:wubclub:......

Jo

How about 10am at Becks Bakery on Monday? I'll send a PM to Heidi.

Paula x

Great see you there:v_SPIN:

Jo

Hi paula

Just remembered ive got a docs appointment at 9.45 can we make it coffee at 10.30?????

Jo