foxychick

Netball in the school holidays

On behalf of a poster who currently has limited internet access :biglaugh:

Does anyone want to get together for a game or two of netball over the school holidays. It’ll be nothing serious, just a game for a laugh and somewhere so we can meet with our children (although if you’ve not got kids, you’re still welcome), so that they can have a run about and we can have a game.

Would preferably need about 14 –15 players (for two teams) (but more are welcome as we can swap in and out) to have a game and was thinking of doing it at Woodend School in Sheidow Park. The school has a netball court, with a small bit of grass right next to it, so we are able to watch the kids playing or if not, they have a basketball court right next to an oval (again we can see the kids at all times).

If anyone has got two sets of bibs, all the better, and whoever has a netball, bring it along. (I have got one). If we can’t get hold of any bibs, I will attempt to make them, by buying two different bits of material, in two different colours and attach them using safety pins (very blue peter ish). If it’s the latter, then if everyone can chip in $1 or $2 depending, that’d be great.

Anyway, as I say, thinking of doing it in the school holidays (first week) and if it goes good, we can arrange for another the following week. It’s a public holiday, so let’s forget about the Monday, and tell me what day is good for everyone else

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Will start it relatively early, so that it’s not too hot for the kids (or us) so thinking about 10am. We could even bring along a bit of a picnic for afterwards, if anyone fancied it.

Let us know what you think, and if you’re up for it.

Guest donna T

Thanks Rachel - def up for that - haven't got any bibs but happy to chip in and happy to help make them.

Great idea - could seriously do with some practice!!

Donna x

Guest xhaylesx

Im reluctant to say yes as I havent played since primary school - and I wasnt particuarly good then. But it could be a laugh.....as long as your not going to get all serious about it.

I had a mum approach me at the school when I first moved here, she asked me if I fancied playing for a laugh and a drink afterwards...that bit sounded good, thought I could just arrived late :P in time for the drinks! then she started telling me about tournaments and who we would be playing and that I had to wear navy shorts etc......sounds a bit too serious for me , so I bailed out:nah:.

Guest Nat
    On behalf of a poster who currently has limited internet access :biglaugh:

Thanks for putting this post on for me, Rach. I (along with Rachel :cute:) am trying to organise this, but as Rachel said, I am going to have limited internet access, over the next couple weeks, so Rachel will keep me updated as to who and what days, can make it.

Hayley, it will only be a laugh, so don't worry.

Thanks guys :notworthy:

Guest xhaylesx

Laughing is what we will be doing if I play. ;) Why not eh? Lets hope my pelvic floor can stick the pace:biglaugh:

Guest Nat

So, it looks like me and Rachel, versus Donna and Hayley, so far :wacko::biglaugh:

Come on ladies, where's your sense of adventure :o I promise, It'll only be a laugh, nothing serious. :wubclub:

Guest donna T

I bought a cheap $5 netball yesterday - come on girls x Liz - you will not get away with not coming xxx