Guest Libby1971

Girls Day Out McLaren Vale???

Guest Libby1971

Hi Ladies

Time has healed the many wounds of last year and the stresses caused by last minute drop outs.

So, I was thinking anyone fancy a trip to McLaren Vale wineries? I thought sometime after the school holidays are over (those of us who are mums will need something to help us recover).

Dates I thought of VERY provisionally are 2nd or 16th May. I am busy on the 9th May thanks to a fabbie friend of mine doing something fabbie on that day!!!

No specific details but pick up from Woodcroft shopping centre, lunch most likely at Woodstock winery - coz it's gorgeous there - with about 5 wineries or so. Price approx $70. If you're interested or have a suggestion, let me know...

Guest Tina

i saw this today and couldn't believe how funny it could be. camel and tipsy on wine.

camel winery tours

6hrs touring around the Mclaren vale winery's on a camel.....how cool!!

8383 0488

Guest Libby1971

You've clearly never seen me at the end of winery 2! I can fall off a chair seat, never mind a camel. I'm open if this is popular. The price of the camel option is $90.00 and involves travelling on a camel round McLaren Vale. It costs $90 and says lunch is included although does not specify where or if buying bottles is catered for. I can't work out if we are expected to drive down to McLaren Vale so we can ride on camels or if we are picked up.

I don't mind organising it but a camel trip is not really my cup of tea.

Guest katsmajic

ooo hold that thought...il ask at work if i get get any discounts...

the owners are very cosy with the winery owners...

and im definately up for it - had a ball last year.

we certainly wouldnt fit the amount of wine we all bought on the back of a camel thats for sure!!! i recall us having more weight in wine than people at the end of last years trip :biglaugh:

Guest Libby1971

Oh yeah!! And the fact we dropped in on the last winery with 5 mins notice LOL

Thanks for the enquiries Kat, much appreciated

Guest Nick11
    Oh yeah!! And the fact we dropped in on the last winery with 5 mins notice LOL

Thanks for the enquiries Kat, much appreciated

I don't think that poor young lad who served us has ever recovered properly!:biglaugh:

Guest LOOBYLOO

I'm in the area and would be up for a winery tour (excluding camel!!). Like you, wobbly enough on a chair after a few vino calapsos!!

Guest Lulujim

Hi Libby,

I would love to come if that's ok - (I know I'm not even there yet!) - but James doesn't start work until June 1st so will make use of his free time while I can! :D

When would paymnet need to be made as don't get there until April 24th .. but could try and sort something out if not.......

Thanks! Alexis

Check if the camel tours are still operating as I called them a couple of months ago and they said they weren't doing them anymore.

Guest Libby1971

Payment will be required in full before the day AND in time for me to cancel the trip if there are not enough people to make it viable. If we go on the 16th, then May 1st would be fine. We'll decide the details once we've found out if numbers mean this trip can go ahead.

I'll be there, went to the one last year in McLaren Vale and had a great time. Did you enjoy Madness on Wednesday Libby? I thought they were great.

Paula x

Guest Libby1971

Madness...woody...tim...suggs...:swoon: far too sexy for my over 30 brain!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you ladies for your interest and support. We'll need to try to muster some more if this trip is to go ahead.

Guest doje6863
    any more takers

I dont know any of you but yeah, why not? So count me in please

donna

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I am a poss depending on date and cost X

Guest donna T

Would love to come Lib- always a laugh - I just can't do either of the proposed dates, sorry xx

Guest redfoxy
    Hi Ladies

Time has healed the many wounds of last year and the stresses caused by last minute drop outs.

So, I was thinking anyone fancy a trip to McLaren Vale wineries? I thought sometime after the school holidays are over (those of us who are mums will need something to help us recover).

Dates I thought of VERY provisionally are 2nd or 16th May. I am busy on the 9th May thanks to a fabbie friend of mine doing something fabbie on that day!!!

No specific details but pick up from Woodcroft shopping centre, lunch most likely at Woodstock winery - coz it's gorgeous there - with about 5 wineries or so. Price approx $70. If you're interested or have a suggestion, let me know...

Hi all, I could be up for that, but I dont know anyone, been here 6 months now and mostly its just me n hubby...

Hi all, I could be up for that, but I dont know anyone, been here 6 months now and mostly its just me n hubby...

Hi

It will do you good to get out and meet some people. We are a friendly bunch so we will make you feel welcome. By the way I don't live far from you so if you ever want to meet up just give me a shout.

Paula x

I dont know any of you but yeah, why not? So count me in please

donna

Hi Donna

You will soon get to know us, we are a friendly bunch. Hope to see you there.

Paula x

Hi Libby, great idea, I am a possible which I know doesn't help with the final no's but it will be cost dependent & date I am afraid. xx

Guest jorose

Me too depending on date and cost. I don't really know anyone either so be nice to meet people.

Guest Trakki

Would love to go but can't face the prospect of watching everyone else drinking and getting tipsy while I stay as sober as a judge. Was really looking forward to doing this when got here but I am sure there will be some next year.

Have a great time everyone