suzer

Kappy's Cafe, an Adelaide institution

Kappy's Cafe has been around for 3/4 of a decade:

http://whatsonthetable.blogspot.com/2009/03/kappys-cafe.html

It is unique...with an entire wall of loose teas, homemade meals including daily specials from all cultures and cuisines, and amazing breakfasts including crepes, eggs benedict, homemade scones, muffins etc. I'm quite sure it is run by a pom as well. I've just 'discovered' it in the past couple of months, and unfortunately it will be closing 24th April:( I'm gutted. I encourage you, if you haven't been there before, to make a trip if you can, before it's gone forever. You won't be disappointed.

______

53 Flinders St, city. Ph: 8359 3199

One of the originals, Kappy’s opened in 1932 and was an institution in Stephens Pl for decades. It since has changed location and character, owned since 1992 by Jonathan and Annette Peters, who absorbed David Wright’s tea business and saluted it by extending the Kappy name.

It has become the city’s tea and coffee showcase. However, it also is a stunning cafe, tucked away on Flinders St with walls of gourmet tea, tea-named tables and extensive daily menus - from breakfast through to dinner. It may be the only place in town where one can get a Bacon Butty. You can also get King George whiting, salads, platters, pasta - plus botanical herbs and more tea and coffee varieties than you could ever have imagined existed.

'Tis. Hoping they will still be doing something with tea, and I can find out where the cook will be off to next.

I used to meet my Dad when it was in Stephens Place. It was one of the few places to serve Vienna Chocs and Coffee. The interior was all dark wood booths and small but they could cram in a lot of people.

Guest The Pottertons

Sounds amazing! Hope it stays open till we get there!!!!!! Love liittle places like that, thanx for the hint Suzer, Yvonne xx