Guest Tiddlypush

On Recci

Guest Tiddlypush

Well we arrived yesterday, weather cooler than hoped but ok. Staying with friends for coup;e of nights then by selves. went to brighton high school yesterday for look round as lizzy is 14 in may so needs good high school. Got a busy week ahead looking at hospitals and schools and trying to suss out whether we should ma

ke the move.

karen

Guest sjs

Good luck with the reccie. How is your situation with work?

You should also check out the Blackwood and surrounding areas because Blackwood High is a good school and the area is within reasonable distance from most of the main hospitals, but not too expensive yet.

Guest Jo&Phil

Weather is warming up through the week so a balmy 29C (about 84F) by Friday.

If you're looking around Brighton there are lots of adjacent suburbs which are nice, close to the beach, not too far from town, settled, good schools, etc. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Well we arrived yesterday, weather cooler than hoped but ok. Staying with friends for coup;e of nights then by selves. went to brighton high school yesterday for look round as lizzy is 14 in may so needs good high school. Got a busy week ahead looking at hospitals and schools and trying to suss out whether we should ma

ke the move.

karen

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

We are up in Eden Hills and our daughter goes to Blackwood Primary. If you are in the area to check out the school, give us a shout and you can pop round for a coffee if you like, Amber is 11 but very mature for her age.

My telephone numbers, just in case, are 7225 6378 or 040 6666 510

Good luck with the reccie and enjoy!

Mandy

Be careful about publishing your telephone numbers. This is a public forum and anyone can access your information. Just a friendly warning!

Guest Libby1971

Have a look in the newspapers because alot of the private schools are holding Open Days and you might be able to find out more about the schools/ colleges. I know one that is open tomorrow (Sunday).

As for schools, I don't know why Brighton keeps being described as a good school as if it is the only one. Within the education sector, it's reputation isn't that good. Not bad but not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. I suggest having a look at the schools within a 20 min radius. Seaview High is a school local to where you are, Annesley is private but that's not far away, nor Aberfoyle Park High and Reynella East is near-ish. My kids go to REHS and I know it isn't perfect. My girls like it and it is our local - one of the courses my eldest did had an assignment that was based upon swimming round a reef!

Have a look in the newspapers because alot of the private schools are holding Open Days and you might be able to find out more about the schools/ colleges. I know one that is open tomorrow (Sunday).

As for schools, I don't know why Brighton keeps being described as a good school as if it is the only one. Within the education sector, it's reputation isn't that good. Not bad but not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination. I suggest having a look at the schools within a 20 min radius. Seaview High is a school local to where you are, Annesley is private but that's not far away, nor Aberfoyle Park High and Reynella East is near-ish. My kids go to REHS and I know it isn't perfect. My girls like it and it is our local - one of the courses my eldest did had an assignment that was based upon swimming round a reef!

Yeah...i agree....REHS is definitely worth considering.....like Libby says it's not perfect...but what school is???

I have no complaints so far....

Would just add as well that you have to live in the zone to get into the high school....you definitely did to get in Year 8 this year....last i heard there was a very big waiting list....

Lorraine

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi thanks for all your replies,

also looking at Blackwood High on Monday as Lizzy really into her drama and doing it at gsce level in uk.Loved Adelaide city today, reminds us of San Fransisco in California which we love. Had a great time with friends and friends of friends this pm. It would be great to see others while here especially others with teenagers = always difficult.

karen