Sign in to follow this  
Guest the4hopes

Where to change £s

Guest the4hopes

I have about £100 cash to change here, where is the best place to go for low commission?

Thanks

Laura

Consider saving it for your next trip home. That's what I do with my spare USD if I ever get/have any...tuck it away for later use.

Guest the4hopes
    Consider saving it for your next trip home. That's what I do with my spare USD if I ever get/have any...tuck it away for later use.

Hi Susan

We're not planning on going back to the UK for a long time, so I would rather spend now!!

Laura x

Guest Fancy a Beer

I find it a nightmare changing up UK money here, we been sent a couple of £20 for kids over last year and I just either send it back for others birthdays or as said before keep it to use on your return!!

There is a minimum amount they will change up for you and a HUGE fee and its not as easy as it is in the UK but i would head to the Postoffice!!

Guest Bernie

The bank charges do make changing small amounts hardly worthwhile.

Guest ReadyPenny

Commonwealth changed all of mine including small amounts of Singapore dollars, sterling, Thai baht etc and although I cant remember the fee, it wasnt that much and I personally thought it was worth it. I know it sounds daft but have you checked with your own bank Laura??

Mandy

Guest the4hopes
    Commonwealth changed all of mine including small amounts of Singapore dollars, sterling, Thai baht etc and although I cant remember the fee, it wasnt that much and I personally thought it was worth it. I know it sounds daft but have you checked with your own bank Laura??

Mandy

Thanks Mandy,

Yes we use our bank for this, just wondered if there was anywhere else.

Laura x