Guest rich

Reliable Garage?

Guest rich

Does anyone know a reliable garage where we can buy our first car (second hand obviously!) as we are really nervous about getting a good deal as either of us knows diddley squat about cars and don't want to get it wrong!

cheers

rich:huh:

If you join the RAA, http://www.raa.net/ they will arrange an inspection for the car, for a fee, of course, but it's not expensive when you are looking at a large purchase.

We have always worked on the theory (after being badly burned once), that if the salesyard won't agree to an RAA inspection they have something to hide.

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day.

I just brought a brilliant 3.8 V6 Holden Balina with all the bell and whistles you can throw at it from Beach road car sales on beach road, Christies beach.

Its a 02 plate for $9000, 5yrs warrenty, rego and name transfer all in.

There very friendly and wont rip you off.

But to be honest you get what you pay for here, spend less than 5k and your looking at a bomb within a few years.

Theres a realy good dealer oppasit the Holden dealership on brighton road but you will find car yards all over the place, quiet a few on marrion road and loads up main north road.

Guest andy

Hi, I,am Workshop Foreman at Jarvis Ford at Hillcrest Adelaide,give us a call when you get here for advise on buying a car

Guest Guest75

If you are looking for a used 4WD call in and see Big Al at Peter James Motors.

His real name is Allan Renfrey but everyone knows him as Big Al.

He is pretty well known in the Pom community here.

Top bloke and fair. :notworthy:

http://www.peterjamesmotors.com.au/

G'day.

I just brought a brilliant 3.8 V6 Holden Balina with all the bell and whistles you can throw at it from Beach road car sales on beach road, Christies beach.

Its a 02 plate for $9000, 5yrs warrenty, rego and name transfer all in.

There very friendly and wont rip you off.

But to be honest you get what you pay for here, spend less than 5k and your looking at a bomb within a few years.

Theres a realy good dealer oppasit the Holden dealership on brighton road but you will find car yards all over the place, quiet a few on marrion road and loads up main north road.

We got our car from there over 3yrs ago and not really had much of a problem with it BUT i would agree dont look at much under 5k as even the nice people at beach road will sell you any old cr@p......:realmad: (went back for cheap run about )..i was told trade-ins basically just get put on the lot and sold as is....:realmad:

Jo

Guest jraymond
    Does anyone know a reliable garage where we can buy our first car (second hand obviously!) as we are really nervous about getting a good deal as either of us knows diddley squat about cars and don't want to get it wrong!

cheers

rich:huh:

Hamilton Holden Brighton Rd Somerton Park ask for Anthony in Used Cars. he has bucket load of experience & honest. Buying a vehicle can be a pain but he's sold many cars to the new Brits in Adelaide. Good Luck ! juls