Guest Nick11

Spam!

Guest Nick11

Anyone else with these idiots that keep spamming the thread - some aren't even in English!!! Don't think many of us here are fluent in chinese eh!!!!

I've started sending them daft messages. Would suggest others do - might as well have a bit of fun at their expense - saddos!

Guest Guest75
    Anyone else with these idiots that keep spamming the thread - some aren't even in English!!! Don't think many of us here are fluent in chinese eh!!!!

I've started sending them daft messages. Would suggest others do - might as well have a bit of fun at their expense - saddos!

I send em' death threats and question their ancestry as well.

Trouble is - can they read English??????:goofy::goofy:

Guest guest569

members have been de- registered before so can't see why this doesn't happen to them ?? I know they will only register again under a new name but IP will still be the same and it will be a pain for them !!! Got to do something !!!:realmad:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There must be a way to control it they dont get it on the yellow screen!! ( which isnt yellow anymore!)

Hi Guys,

I apologise in advance, I've been away for the last week or so on some R&R - All cleared up now - I hope. Forum spam is becoming and increasing problem and it is carried out by automated robots scouring the internet for forums to post on - Lucky us. Anyway I am looking at ways to control it. User login details and passwords are secure however and no one has access or priveledges to this information.

Tim

Guest LordLucan
    Hi Guys,

I apologise in advance, I've been away for the last week or so on some R&R - All cleared up now - I hope. Forum spam is becoming and increasing problem and it is carried out by automated robots scouring the internet for forums to post on - Lucky us. Anyway I am looking at ways to control it. User login details and passwords are secure however and no one has access or priveledges to this information.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I notice that some interactive web sites require you to type in some automatically generated letter images before you can do anything. Presumably bots can't handle it.

LL

Hi LL, This is not correct, these bots have been able to now break all "human verification" options that were previously effective. This includes all methods that are currently used on forums i.e. picture verification and even the Q&A sections used! They are becoming too clever and becaue they have also been able to use the google mail service to register free accounts automatically (Because they have cracked the human verification codes), even ensuring that all registrations have a valid email address is ineffective because of this.

Can you not make sure that all new users first post is moderated. Only the first post so this will stop them from spamming.

Guest LordLucan
    Hi LL, This is not correct, these bots have been able to now break all "human verification" options that were previously effective. This includes all methods that are currently used on forums i.e. picture verification and even the Q&A sections used! They are becoming too clever and becaue they have also been able to use the google mail service to register free accounts automatically (Because they have cracked the human verification codes), even ensuring that all registrations have a valid email address is ineffective because of this.

Darned clever stuff, Tim. Just think what these people could achieve if they actually turned their hand to something productive!