Guest Trakki

Decent but fairly cheap garage

Guest Trakki

Hope someone can help, went to top up the oil in my car today, it has a small oil leak but not worth paying to get fixed. Anyhow, the bonnett won't open, Pete tried and it just won't budge, never had a problem before so was wondering if anyone knows of a decent garage that I can take it to, (also needs a service was just going to do that next month) Really annoying as it means I can't do anything about it until Tuesday and am having to use the family car for work leaving Pete stranded all weekend with no way of going out. We live in Wodcroft so anywhere around there would do.

Thanks

We use Profix garage in Christies Beach,reasonable prices and always helpful.Ask for Eric always fixed my car on the same day as he knew I needed it for work the next day..........

Regards Steve

Guest motlyman

Hi,

One pull the bonnet cable while the other thumps the bonnet.

Done it heaps of times in the uk. works every time.

Colin

Probably wont work now i've said that lol

Guest Trakki
    Hi,

One pull the bonnet cable while the other thumps the bonnet.

Done it heaps of times in the uk. works every time.

Colin

Probably wont work now i've said that lol

Tried that, Pete was virtually jumping on the bonnett but the pull out thingy (technical I know) doesn't seem to do anything. Pete was going to take the grill off the front but needs to open the bonnett to do this. ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:realmad: . Really need to get it sorted soon!!!!

Guest SA Great

Hi Trace,

Outbound Mechanical Repairs are pretty good at Darlington. Won't rip you off and always tries to do things as a cost cutting measure. Used him a few times. Good luck!!

Hi,

Andy used to work in a ford garage and says is the bonnet catch cable snapped? if not pull catch as far out as you can and lay in the footwell and clamp a set of pliers around the exposed inner cable and pull while the other one pushes the bonnet up and down. If the cable has snapped then try looking up under the front of the car between the bumper and the radiator and you should be able to see the catch. try a long bladed screwdriver to lever it open.

Good luck

Wendy

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Try pulling out the bonnet pull thingy while pete tries to open the bonnet.Is it the pajero? Sometimes i dont pull my thingy hard enough if that makes sence!!!

Try pulling out the bonnet pull thingy while pete tries to open the bonnet.Is it the pajero? Sometimes i dont pull my thingy hard enough if that makes sence!!!

:huh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hi Trakki , we used Frank mobile mechanic ,lives in Morphett Vale,phone 0412594238 ,recommended by our aussie neighbours .He was excellent value and friendly chap.

Simon.