Guest brandyslad

Police check in Oz

Guest brandyslad

For most of the jobs I would be going for I need a police check, now some employers state they will do this when you are employed, similar to here, but then some have in their job criteria 'a valid police check done in the last 6 months'.

How do I go about getting one done over there, how much does it cost and how long? I am assuming the one I have done for migration purposes will not be accepted.

Guest Martin and Val

Spot on, the one you have for migration purposes is of no use here and will not be excepted.

Val needed one for her Job so we went to the local Police Station filled out a form provided proof of ID and if I remember correctly $58 cash. About a week later the Certificate arrived in the post and is valid for one year.

I recently stated a temporary job with Centrelink and the agency I used did the check and paid the fees for me.

Hope this helps

Martin

Hi,yes you are correct,its an easy ,quick process,just go to the local police station,they are helpful,and it should be done within 10 days,ATB.

Guest motlyman

Hi,

Just had to get one for my pool maintenance license.

Go to your local police station with photo id. and fill out the form and part with $48.

You will recieve it in about a week.

If you have a concesion card it costs less.

Colin

For an NPC

http://www.sapolice.sa.gov.au/sapol/services/information_requests/national_police_certificate.jsp

of interest regarding validity ............

Q: How long is my NPC valid?

A:This depends on the policy of the organisation you are presenting your NPC to. There is a time lapse between the recording of convictions by courts and the updating of the criminal records data bases of police jurisdictions. This certificate only reflects the completeness and accuracy of these records and systems on the date of issue.

I've had several done over the years and they were only ever valid for three months at a time.

Federal Police Checks are from $43 - without fingerprints. They take about 10 - 15 days usually, although the one we applied for recently took just a week to come back.

http://www.afp.gov.au/business/national_police_checks