Sign in to follow this  
Guest wijaya

anybody brings piano to Oz

Guest wijaya

Hi all

As we have got a CO and have booked a medical this month, we need to start thinking about moving to Oz. Tentatively, we are thinking about Feb/March next year. I have a piano at home now. We are not sure what to do with it, sell or bring it to Oz.

Is piano a delicate good so needs to be handled carefully by the removal company, so it will cost more (including the insurance)?

The piano itself only cost us or worth 500-600 pound. Our first thought is to sell it, but probably need to bring if nobody wants to buy it.

Thanks

Guest Bernie

We brought our old piano. The guys carted it for us and it still survives almost four years later. If you sell it you will have to replace it. Worth thinking about bring it if you have room.

Guest wijaya

Hi Bernie

Thanks for the info. The piano has sentimental value for us, if nothing else. My daughter currently plays it, and we definetely will need to buy a new one if we move to Oz. We really want to keep it, but worry about the removal cost.

wijaya

Guest Bernie

You might be surprised at how little difference it will make to the cost of shiipping. You are working on a whole container. It will need tuning when it gets here :). Shop around fro quotes and see how it goes.

I hear Anglo Pacific are good.

http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/

We used Crown Relocations who were wonderful.

www.crownrelo.com

Good luck!