Guest team rennolds

Water, gas & electric

Guest team rennolds

Hi All

Think i read somewhere that water rates are included when you rent a property. Is this correct as we are just putting together our research for the SA Govt?

Also have seen some great threads on suppliers for gas & electric but no approx monthly costs. Can anyone help with some rough monthly prices for say a 3 bedroomed house?

Thanks in advance

Mark

:D

Guest turners

we have a 4 bd room hose and have been paying monthly at about £50 a month electric and £40 a month for gas, we only have a hot water boiler and gas heater and only lived here for the summer but we seem to be on track with our bills ,I rang to check a few weeks ago in case we needed to up the payments.

Hope this is off some help to you

we used to live in ellesmere port not far from you

good luck dina

Guest team rennolds

Thanks Dina,

Small world eh? Hope you are enjoying yourselves over there! We can't wait to get out.

So in aus dollars around $100 electric, $80 gas? Is it right that water is included in the rent?

Any other costs that we need to be aware of when renting? Do they have council tax or anything like that?

Thanks

Mark

When we have had tenants we have always paid the water rates, but any excess water, which is charged by the kl., has been their resposibility.

What you have to pay depends on the size of the garden and how often it is watered. If you rent a property with a pool the excess charge is usually quite high.

Guest turners

when we rented we just paid the excess but I think living here makes you quite water aware. We never paid any council tax landlord pays that.

one thing we never expected was stamp duty on buying a car and paying for your driving licence yearly can't remember how much it was (sorry)

we love it here. At the moment we are financially worse off than we were in the uk but still wouldn't go back my husband has less stress and the kids are happier

good luck with your move Dina

We have recently moved rentals and whereas the water was paid by the Landlord in the first, in our present home we are responsible for the water bills. We have now had one yet, so am unaware how much this is likely to be. We find that Telephone chrages with Telstra are a lot more expensive here than England, so be aware.