Guest haggan_family

Former Resident Visa

Guest haggan_family

Hi, I'm Melanie and I grew up in Adelaide between the ages of 5 and 17. I am now in the UK, having been back since the end of 2001. I am wanting to return (hopefully mid-end of next year 2010) but now have 3 children and a fiance. I should be eligible for a former resident visa.

Has anyone else return on a former resident visa 151? I cannot really find much info on what this means for me and my family as most info is on migrating to Australia.

Guest caoimhe

Hi Melanie,

I have no answers to your questions but wanted to welcome you to the site and also thought if I 'bumped' your thread up you may get some answers.

Good luck:wubclub:

I think this is where you need to look:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/residents/

You must have spent nine (9) of your first 18 years in Australia as a permanent resident...you qualify as far as the years spent here but were you a perm resident? I would imagine, but you'd have to search it out, you can bring dependents with, as it states that you can sponsor people for permanent residence (subject to waiting periods).

This isn't a commonly encountered visa, but we have assisted with a few ... you are welcome to contact us to discuss ... T 023 80 30 25 25 (Southampton).

My colleague John Sylvester is best placed to assist - he is back from holiday on Monday (20/04).

Best regards.