Guest scmercer

Question for mums - baby formula

Guest scmercer

Does anyone know if Aptimil baby formula is available in Oz? I have a 6 month old baby and I dont really want to be changing her formula to a different brand if i can help it.

Thanks

Guest Smudge

Hi Sheila,

If it was me i would try and introduce a formula which is available in oz b4 u go. I wouldn't worry 2 much as baby will be 10 months old by then. Not sure what formula's are in Oz. Hope all goes ok

Kathy

Who makes aptimil?

sma is the same as s-26 made by wyeth I think, nutrica Karicare is like Cow and Gate, maybe contact these companies and they are able to tell you which is like your current formula.

Guest Trakki

There is no Aptimil here and nothing equivalent. Like already said S26 is the same as SMA Gold. All the formulas here are much of a muchness. I asked at work when I started if there was a favoured one or better one and was told no. SO like already said I would start the transistion to SMA gold. Hard I know, I always used Aptimil.

HTH

Guest scmercer

thanks for that.

It is a bit of a pain as my daughter is intolerant to SMA so I will have to have a look for something different.

Guest Trakki

Will ask at work (am a childrens nurse) I know there is one called Karicare. Will find out for you.

Guest seayork2002

We use Aptamil in UK and when we were in Australia last year used the one that the Aptamil company said was similar and we didn't have a problem, but I can't remeber what it was called.....we emailled them.

Guest Trakki

Asked the dietician this question at work today and she said that although made by the same company S26 is not the same as SMA gold. There is S26 and Nan which are the most common ones and are as good as each other. What she suggested to do is what we did when changing Joe onto the milk here. If your child has a 6 oz bottle put 5oz Aptamil and 1oz of the new milk in for a few days then up this to 2 oz etc. They do it is mls here so 1 scoop to 30mls. Just need to check that this is what the milk is (some are 1 scoop to 60mls) it has to be the 1 scoop in 30mls so that it has the same properties per 30ml (1oz) technically 1oz is something like 27 mls but she said go on 30mls and this will be fine.

Hope that helps, if you are totally confused, pm me and I will try to explain better.