Guest alan smallman

Bus driver samaritan!!

Guest alan smallman

Hi got this one till 12.30!! I forgot to mention that, although we know there are some tough times ahead, we are loving it here. How bout this........................returned our hire car and the bloke off whom we hired the car in the first place (and who was quick enough coming to pick us up when there was a couple of hundred bucks in it for him) said that he couldn't drop us back. So we got on the bus but only had $50 dollar note on us. The driver couldn't change it and by the time we got to the CBD to get off we still hadn't paid. get this (and this would never happen on a Brylaine bus in Boston or on a WMPTE bus in Brum) he said not to worry and said it didn't matter!! Bless him. We obviously wanted to pay but how laid back (and helpful) was that?!! By the way if anyone needs a car to rent there are cheaper deals out there than 'ACE' car rentals on the Marion Rd - he charged us $45 dollars a day and checked with a couple of other car rental people (Koala for one - tho I can't remember where they are situated now - sorry) and they do car hire for only $25 a day.

What i meant to say on my last post was that we found the info relating to the Commonwealth Bank very useful. The assistance we have had from Morag the immigration services manager at the Commonwealth has been excellent. She's very sympathetic to your needs when you first come over and she's a mine of information regarding all other stuff which crops up when you've moved thousands of miles away to another country.

:chatterbox:

think that's it for now. we'll keep you posted as we progress. Thanks to everyone here who has helped in giving us advice along the way to gettin to this point. PIA is (and I've said this before) a great resource for anyone who has, who is thinking, who who are in the process opf emigrating to Adelaide.

:chatterbox:

Cheers All!!:)

Guest caoimhe

One thing you will notice is the Australians will go out of there way to help and nothing is a big deal.

Ah, you should have used Brian at Aussie Car Rentals!

My favourite bus driver story is the one where the driver stopped the bus, got out a small video camera, and asked all the passengers to sing Happy Birthday to his daughter, while he filmed them to play back to her that night!

Welcome to Adelaide, and hope things go well for you

Diane