Sign in to follow this  
Guest covfan71

475 - deadlines

Guest covfan71

Hi all,

i submitted my Visa on Monday and received the automoated reply about sending off the required documents. Does anyone know how long i have to submit these before they come knocking. The change to the processing times has caught me short a bit and because we had already applied for sponsorship we have had no choice but to apply for the Visa now even though i can't move until next Summer. Any delaying tactics would be great.

Guest familygood

One way would be to delay sending your email confirmation to South Australia that you have submitted your visa and you need to them to send the Form to DIAC telling them you have sponsorship. I dont know how long you could get away with this for though so be careful of that. When they receive this form from SA saying you have sponsorship you should get a case officer within 10 days and then you will need to submit everything in 28 days.

I guess another thing you could do is they only want evidence you have applied for your Police check/medicals so wait until the last day of the 28 days to have your meds done (or even arranged)/send off your police check? Cant think of any other ways... We arent going until Jan which seemed like a good idea but now we have the visa I would go next week!!!

Good luck!

Guest harper210267

W're applying for a 475 also. We will be doing this on May 1st with our agent. After doing this. What do we do next? What's the DIAC?

Guest familygood

It means the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. I am sure your agent will explain the process to you as you go along. If not then ask as we did it ouselves so might know the answer or someone on here surely will!

Good luck!

Guest harper210267

Thanks.

I have thought about applying for our CRB checks now and booking our meds. What do you think? As we're not going to the agent until 1st may.

Can't wait because my head is all over the place, wondering what will happen after that? Will we get approval? HHubby 45 in September, will we be ok? You know all those unanswered questions, even if they do sound daft...

Guest harper210267

Also How do I post a thanks. I feel ignorant, as I haven't posted one yet?

Guest familygood

I wouldnt do your meds or police checks yet as they are specifically asking people not to send them until requested but your agent will advise. I would wait until you go to them who will explain it all. There is so much detai. The DIAC website is very good and has all the information you would need to understand the process. Have you got your skills assessed and state sponsorship approved? They are the first stages. You may also have to sit an english test depending on number of points you have. It took us weeks of reading and months of research to get our state sponsorship but its all worth it! Good luck!!

(You post a Thanks by pressing the Thanks button under the post you would like to thank.)

Guest covfan71
    Thanks.

I have thought about applying for our CRB checks now and booking our meds. What do you think? As we're not going to the agent until 1st may.

Can't wait because my head is all over the place, wondering what will happen after that? Will we get approval? HHubby 45 in September, will we be ok? You know all those unanswered questions, even if they do sound daft...

I wouldn't bother doing a CRB check now a it will be no good. It is not a CRB check they do, something different apparently.