Trevali

Xbox 360 - to buy in u.k. Or oz?

Hi all,

Can anyone advise. I am sure this question has been asked before.

It is my son's birthday at the end of May and he has been asking for an Xbox 360 for his pressie. I have been trying to stall him, but it just isn't working. Would it be better to wait until we get to Adelaide and buy one there and if so are they more expensive than the U.K.

Any advice would be appreciated - I am not very techo minded!

Alison x

Hi there are lots of game shops in Adelaide, at xmas we bought the guitar hero for my children for the wii and it was a whole lot cheaper than the uk equivelant, have a look at this store jbhifionline.com.au it will give you an idea to which is the best value for you, also we have a wii console from the Uk works no problem in Australia.

Julie

My main concern would be with the warranty. If you buy in the Uk then something goes wrong with it when you are in Australia it will not be covered by the warranty. So my advice would be to wait until you got here.

...If you buy in the Uk then something goes wrong with it when you are in Australia it will not be covered by the warranty...

Not true actually - Microsoft Australia will cover it no problem (as mentioned in the sticky), as long as it's a PAL console (which a UK one will be).

Check out www.lasoo.com.au and do a search for 360 - they have some good deals over here but the aussie dollar is very strong at the moment so a UK console would most likely be the cheapest option.

Justin.