Scozzie

Adelaide Zoos

Hi all,

Am thinking of taking the kids to the Zoo tomorrow, never been to any of them here, so is Adelaide Zoo or Monarto Zoo best? and can I park around Adelaide Zoo?

Any advice much appreciated.

Gill

Guest Tina

i was a bit dissappointed when we went to monarto zoo, fabulous enclosures for the animals but need binoculars to see the animals. Parking was good and a bus took you around and you can jump on and off each stop.

adelaide zoo is ok as zoo's go but i must admit i have been spoiled with Longleat in the uk so no safari park or zoo i have visited has been as good as this yet. but i will defo be going to adelaide zoo again when the panda's arrive.

We enjoyed Adelaide zoo when we went there. Parked nearby no probs, sorry can't remember the name of the road, (it was a long windy road through the parklands).

I agree with what Tina said we went to Monarto over easter and was really disappointed, but hubbby reminded me the zoo is still quite new and is absolutely anormous, I was really disappointed when in the Uk we went to Paignton zoo, Longleat, Bristol zoo and even once to Chester zoo in the North we were spoilt in England I did enjoy Cleveland zoo though still nothing like Englands but it was fun walking through the enclosure's hand feeding Kangaroo's...

Julie

I loved Adelaide Zoo (although we walked from the CBD). Have thoughts about taking the nieces/nephew sometime. It rivals some other great zoos I've been to, so I'd highly suggest it!

If you go to Adelaide Zoo, you can park in the road that runs between it and the Botanic Gardens. Weekends you should only have to pay something like 20c at a metred spot.

If you have the Entertainment Book, or know someone who does, there is a voucher in there. Also when you go in, ask about the free guided tours around the Zoo - you get a volunteer guide who goes round with you, and really get to learn a lot more about the place and the animals than you ever do alone. The monkeys are wonderful, and apparently there is a new interactive Environment Centre there too.

It's well worth going.

Thanks for all that info, Adelaide Zoo it is then. Yeah we have an annual pass for Cleland Park and it's great, love it there but need to try somewhere new, before the kids get too bored.:wacko:

Gill