Guest KP Nuts

Frist trip to the doctors

Guest KP Nuts

Had to take my daughter Emma to the doctors on Friday, we went to the one in Seaford Road. Went there at 10.00am to make an appointment, to be told to come back at 11.00 to see the doctor, yes the same day...... (not like the uk next week some time). She was a bit worried, but I can highly recommend them, the doctor was very nice, and talked to her not me, only when she couldn't answer the question did he ask me.

So all in all we will be using them again, hopefully not to soon thou, lol

Guest tooeasy

we also have been there and found them very good and got an appointment straight away :D hope emma is ok

Guest Trakki

We needed to get Sophie seen today, she has been ill all weekend and just couldn't leave it til tomorrow morning, had decided that if I couldn't get hold of a Dr would take her to Emerg as I really wasn't happy. Phone the GP out of hours number, spoke to a very nice lady and explained the situation and not having been here long wasn't sure what to do, she said no problem the Dr will be with you this afternoon, (this was at 4pm as I had just got in from work) . I said 'the Dr will come here?' very confused and she said 'yes, Dr will be there this pm' So hung up and 45mins later the Dr turned up at the house, saw to Sophie, gave us a prescription, and off they went. They bulk bill too. This would never happen in the UK and I thought I would have to drive miles to get her seen (which to be honest I would have done) somewhere so was pleasantly suprised. In UK if this would have happened I would have had to do a 30 min drive to get her seen. I was really pleased and the Dr explained all the paperwork and was lovely. Have been impressed with the GP system so far. When we needed Joe seen in the middle of a week he got seen the same day.

Hope Emma is feeling better soon Kim.

Guest KP Nuts

Thanks everyone, Emma is feeling alot better now, and asking if she can go out, so must be back to normal. She being treated for tonsillitis, because she didn't want the blood test to see if it was glandular fever, :nah:

Tracey, hope Sophie is feeling better very soon also.

Our local medical centre...Fountain Valley...is open 7 days a week. Phoned yesterday to get an appointment for my daughter, seen today (yes Sunday) at 11.10am...which was fine as not urgent...had to wait a while as busy....bulk bill as well....

The after hours service is excellent, for those of you that dont already have the number for GP connect it;s 8130 3333. Though most GP's telephones redirect to here after hours anyway.