Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin Quinn

Statutory Declaration for Kids NOT Migrating

Guest Kevin Quinn

Hi everyone,

I’ve read quite a bit on Statutory Declarations…… but I’m hoping someone out there has been through my issue. I’m divorced and my two kids from my first marriage, (13 & 17), wish to remain in Ireland with their Mum.

My ex-wife, (& kids), are very supportive of my decision to try and get to Australia and my ex is happy to sign a Stat Dec stating I’ve not done a runner on my parental responsibilities. So I guess I’m looking for a parent who has been through similar and can advise on the wording of the Stat Dec?

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi,

Might be worth speaking to a solicitor, or your agent if you have one.

Barry

Guest brandyslad
    Hi everyone,

I’ve read quite a bit on Statutory Declarations…… but I’m hoping someone out there has been through my issue. I’m divorced and my two kids from my first marriage, (13 & 17), wish to remain in Ireland with their Mum.

My ex-wife, (& kids), are very supportive of my decision to try and get to Australia and my ex is happy to sign a Stat Dec stating I’ve not done a runner on my parental responsibilities. So I guess I’m looking for a parent who has been through similar and can advise on the wording of the Stat Dec?

Can't help but welcome to Poms in Adelaide from sunny Tyrone!!! Fingers crossed someone can help you out.

Lisa

Guest Kevin Quinn

Ha Ha... Thanks Lisaas much as we love the Irish weather....... we need Adelaide Sun Shine!!! Adelaide was on UTV tonight....everyones going & there's not gonna be any room for us :-(

Guest brandyslad

Yes, Eamon's brother called to tell us to watch it, it looked lovely especially as we are checking about five different websites for weather as it is lashing but we have organised a big leaving BBQ tomorrow evening. Typical!

Anyway don't want to hijack your thread, hope someone comes along who can help.

Guest taffs

Hi Kev, There`s nothing to worry about i was in the same position. You don`t have to have them to write you a letter or anything for them to declare with their signature on. its just a simple declaration from you saying basically that they are aware of what you are doing. I have a template letter here and will send it on to you, all you will have to do is fill thier names in and get it signed by some one outside the family who`s independant from your relationship.

Cheers Jason

Guest taffs

Hi kev, template for your declaration. just fill in the blanks.

I, (name) of (address) .

Occupation

• do solemnly and sincerely declare the following:

I have had a previous marriage with - between the dates of - To - From this relationship we had 2 children. Those children being:

• (Names) & (D.O.B.)

I have been estranged from said children from - until present .

My previous partner - - is now aware that I wish to migrate overseas and do not have any intentions for my children to migrate permanently overseas with me. I will therefore be leaving them in the full care of their mother while I make my permanent move to Australia

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1959 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations, conscientiously believing the statements contained in this declaration to be true in every particular.

Signed .. / ..

Before me....

Title Date:

Guest Kevin Quinn

Thanks a million Jason, that's brilliant.I've it typed up & ready to be signed.I'm adding you guys to the list of folks I'm buying pints for when I get over to Adelaide ;-)

Guest Trakki

We didn't have to do anything like this. Pete has 2 children who have stayed behind and just had to have them have medicals incase anything ever happened to mum and they had to move but certainly didn't need to do stat decs. The only thing we had to do was get his ex to write a letter stating that she was not intending to come to Oz and that the marriage was over and divorce was in the pipeline, the only reason for this being that they were still officially married even though separated for 10 years.

Guest caoimhe
    We didn't have to do anything like this. Pete has 2 children who have stayed behind and just had to have them have medicals incase anything ever happened to mum and they had to move but certainly didn't need to do stat decs. The only thing we had to do was get his ex to write a letter stating that she was not intending to come to Oz and that the marriage was over and divorce was in the pipeline, the only reason for this being that they were still officially married even though separated for 10 years.

My O/H has two kids from a previous marriage and he didn't do a stat dec either. Your kids will need medicals even if they are not going with you and also police checks if over 16. You can get around this if your ex does a sworn statement signed by a solicitor stating she does not give permission for the kids to do medicals etc as they are not going. We did have to send in copies of his divorce papers.

BTW welcome to the forum and good luck getting here. We are from Belfast

Guest taffs

Hi Kev, No probs. Look forward to meeting up for a few pints the other end. By completing that declaration your children won`t have any rights in joining you in adelaide and therfore wont need meds etc.

good luck Jason

Guest Jane & Tony

Hi

My hubby has two kids from a previous marriage and his ex was a real pain and would not sign a declaration. However, I wrote to her asking if she would let the children have medicals in case anything happened to her then the kids could come straight out to us. Her reply was. ''My children will not be having a medical and if anything happens to me then they will go to my Sister''. I sent that reply to my agent and he was happy with that. We have had our visa for a year now.

I should think that if she just writes that the children will be staying with her and you are both in agreement that will suffice.

Hope that helps

Jane

Guest Kevin Quinn

Hi Everyone,Thanks to all of your advice I got a Stat Dec drawn up that the ex was happy with & it was signed & witnessed by a Notary Pubic on Friday afternoon.It'll go with our 475 application tomorrow!!! :-)Just have a legal battle with Roisin's ex to go through & we'll be on our way.Thank you to you all for your advice & support.Kev

Guest Squeezle

Hi I have to thank Jason for the statutory declaration template, it has saved me hours of searching for the right template and wording to go on it!

We are in the same unfortunate postion as lots of others, as my husbands ex Wife will not allow us to see the kids let alone take the kids for medicals! and as for signing anything we might as well ask for mystic meg to give us next weeks lottery numbers..... we would have as much chance! which means we have to complete a statutory declaration and take it to the solicitor on Thursday!

So once again thank you !!!!!!

Guest Gemma

**sorry for butting in on on your thread, just a couple of quick questions.....

My husband has a 13 yr old soon who he has parental responsibilty for however he was never married to his mother.....will he still need to do a declaration/medical does anyone know?

Also what age can you fly independantly from? ( for holidays with us)

THanks

Gemma

Guest Squeezle

Hi Gemma, Not sure on the answer to your question regards your husbands son, but if he is going to Australia with you he will need medicals etc, you should speak to your CO on what else they require. on the flying alone each airline has slightly different rules but you can fly as an unaccompanied minor on most carriers, you usually have to pay an extra fee and can arrange for the children to be met and taken on board. Have a look on the airline websites and it will give you the rules that apply, most seem to take minors from 5 onwards with prior arrangements.

Hope that helps a little

Pauline