The Tonight Programme!

Guest ReadyPenny

Guest ReadyPenny

HI Guys

Well I did try to keep our appearance on the Tonight programme relatively low key and told just a few select "friend", whose friendship is now questionable after they dobbed me in :biglaugh: Cheers Tracey and Emma, with mates like the pair of you I am sure glad I have not made any enemies here is Adelaide!!!! LOL

Gill, thanks for not revealing my identity in the original post, your efffort was appreciated, but sadly it wasnt to be!!!!!

I will be getting the programme on DVD from Granada TV within the next few days and of course, anyone who is interested, is more than welcome to watch it. As it was Emma's suggestion to have a get together for this purpose, I will arrange a date and PM you all her address, as she has a DVD player, and we dont yet:biglaugh::biglaugh:!!!!

Seriously though, once we move into our new rental on 18 May, I will arrange something if you are really interested in seeing me Sean and Amber LOL. Cant handle this fame, still waiting for Max Clifford to call!!!!

Thanks for all your kind comments about the show.

Mandy

Guest countdown1975

Hey,

I watched the programme on Friday night and it made our day as we saw the Sydney opera house and though oh here we go yet another programme showing people moving to Sydney and then they said it was about a family moving to ADELAIDE. Hubby and I were hopping about on the sofa. It was so sad when you found the school book from Ambers friends but you were all so positive and the people your hubby work for seemed so nice. I really hope everything continues as great for you all. Hubby and I are moving over in August and can't wait

Take care Vicki :-)

Hey Mandy

I watched this but only found out it was you once I'd read the thread on here. It looks like you are all giving it a good go over there and sounds like you have some great friends already. Nice to watch another program on Adelaide, makes a nice change.

Denise

That will be your payback for Ems, imagine if the whole of PIA rocked up to her house to watch the DVD!:biglaugh:

Looks like i'll have to keep my mouth shut next time lol.:biglaugh:

If you all insist your more than welcome round mine to watch it. However i will point out that my living area isn't open plan so might be a squash. We could always do timed showings throughout the day.:biglaugh:

Guest Dave & Carole

We came across it by accident about half way through the programme - but was repeated in the early hours of this morning - about to sit down with a cup of coffee to watch it. Could do with seeing some sun - as its raining really hard here - guess we had our summer last week!

Guest Lisado

I watched this on ITV/iplayer ASAP on Saturday - thought it was a good programme and as I said in my other post I felt for you Mandy at the airport and had tears in my eyes. However, you look happy when you are in OZ

Lisa

Guest The Pottertons

We watched avidly after seeing it advertised so well on here!!! Thankyou!:notworthy: Was a really well rounded prog actually and quite balanced between the rough and the smooth! Got us thinking which is always good. Glad everything is going so well for you guys and cant wait for your update posts!!!!!!! Yvonne xx

Guest BAZnDAF

Damn I missed it!, Thanks The Flinns for the link, I'll watch it tonight when I get home :) love watching anything about Australia at the moment, especially Adelaide.

Barry

Guest cunnah10
HI Guys

Well I did try to keep our appearance on the Tonight programme relatively low key and told just a few select "friend", whose friendship is now questionable after they dobbed me in :biglaugh: Cheers Tracey and Emma, with mates like the pair of you I am sure glad I have not made any enemies here is Adelaide!!!! LOL

Gill, thanks for not revealing my identity in the original post, your efffort was appreciated, but sadly it wasnt to be!!!!!

I will be getting the programme on DVD from Granada TV within the next few days and of course, anyone who is interested, is more than welcome to watch it. As it was Emma's suggestion to have a get together for this purpose, I will arrange a date and PM you all her address, as she has a DVD player, and we dont yet:biglaugh::biglaugh:!!!!

Seriously though, once we move into our new rental on 18 May, I will arrange something if you are really interested in seeing me Sean and Amber LOL. Cant handle this fame, still waiting for Max Clifford to call!!!!

Thanks for all your kind comments about the show.

Mandy

Told you i wouldn't say a word Mandy.....AND i didn't!!!

Kept that a secret for quite a while didn't i!!!

keep enjoying Adelaide!!

Guest sandar1

Dave and Carol,

Don't worry about the lack of sun there at the moment it has been pouring here since Friday, (but as everyone here says AND BOY IS IT TRUE we need the rain). Now can anyone tell me is it possible to see the program in Oz yet - probably not - but when it is maybe whoever sees it can alert everyone else. Oh and if you were crying at the airport when leaving, i cry whenever I see anyone saying goodbye at the airport, even if I don't know them.

Sandra

Guest LordLucan
If you search on the interweb you can download software that changes your ip address so that it looks as if you are surfing from the UK and so can watch bbc. itv, etc. online.

Some charge, others are free.

Try this one: http://www.hide-ip-soft.com/

Well, I downloaded this, and it has a 3-hour free demo, which I started. However, the demo version only allows a U.S. proxy, so no good for BBC iPlayer!

I then decided to shell out 50 of my hard-earned Aussie bucks, and bought it online.

So now I am downloading, via a U.K. proxy, "Have I Got News For You" in BBC iPLayer! It is veeeeeery slow (getting about 18 kBITS!!! per second on a 320MB download file), so by my reckoning that is about 40 hours! (nerds, please correct me if my sums are wrong). However, the iPlayer reckons it will be finished in under 6 hours - so maybe iPLayer is saying kb/s (kilobits per second) when it really means kB/s (kiloBytes per second). We will have to wait and see. I'll post in the morning if it completes - I'm certainly not staying up to see! If it works, it's gotta be worth $1 a week.

• 2 weeks later...