Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheTodds

Kickstart Australia

Guest TheTodds

Now we have visa's, our Agent is offering us a Kickstart Australia package which costs $149 and includes the following as well as some other bits and bobs:

Set up a bank account with ANZ, Job Assistance, Oz mobile number and SIM card before you arrive, Australian Tax File Number.

Has anyone else bought this service and is it worth doing?

Thanks, Helen.

Seems a lot of money for that. Only thing that would cost anything is the Sim Card and you can get one of those (which has an oz number obviously) for about $10 in any phone shop. Perhaps their package offers other things too?

Guest Martin and Val

It does seem a lot of money basically for a sim card!

It costs nothing to set up a bank account apart from the money you want in it, Tax file number is free and available on line as soon as you get here. The sim card is easily available on UK E-Bay.

So unless they are offering to secure you work I would ask what you actually do get for your money.

Good luck anyway with what ever you decide.

Martin

Guest Hansonhouse

Would agree with the other's comments. All of these things are straightforward to arrange and form part of the excitement of the final/first steps in your journey but depends on your perspective, time and confidence really. Personally I ejoyed sorting them and gathering the info myself which also gave me the choice of which bank, which jobs to go after, which phone company etc etc.

Guest kangomik

you can set the bank account up from the UK, just have to pop in to activate, which i think you would have to do anyway.

If your in the middle of adelaide the tax office and medi office is only a 100 meters or so away from the main banks.

Meet and greet will walk you through this!

Guest TheTodds

Thanks all for your advice. Seems like a no brainer really!

Helen