Guest the4hopes

Converting GCSEs

Guest the4hopes

Does anyone have any info on converting GCSEs to SACE, my daughter did hers last summer, not sure who to ask here?

Guest Mick and Helen

My son went to somewhere in the city for when he joined the Navy but sorry not too sure where it was. I know that it was completed very quickly and he got a conversion letter in the post.

Helen

Guest Jo&Phil

I think the previous reply meant the Skills Recognition Services at 55 Currie St in the city - www. work.sa.gov.au - which is a large govt dept that looks at equivalency of qualifications ....... this office used to be in the TAFE building down the road but has moved. They might be a good starting point.

The SACE South Australian Certificate of Education board can be found at www.ssabsa.sa.edu.au and this would give you an idea of what a year 12 student would study/achieve if they completed their education in South Australia.

If your daughter is looking for this info in terms of future study it might be worth contacting the relevant Uni or TAFE to ask them.

Guest katsmajic

When my eldest started school here in year 11 (he did gcses in uk) the gcses were not taken into account as they are lower than any sace quals/scores given here.

as it stands now he has no qualifications at all here...an appreticeship is his only way forward now as hes dropped out of school.

a levels are recognised etc, as they are uni entry quals as are the sace's.