Horsella

Advice on airlines, please

We are planning a reccie visit over xmas and new year this year and I have been looking at the cost of flights. We are going at possibly the most expensive time of year, but I figured that if we are going to do this, I want some sunshine!

Anyway, I have seen flights with Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia airlines and Qantas. Singapore Airlines is the most expensive - £6.5k for 5 of us to travel and Qantas is the cheapest at just under £3k.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what each airline has been like if you have travelled with them. I would go for the cheapest, Qantas, but it is a long flight with 3 children and don't want to fly like sardines in a tin can!

Thanks

Guest jaxcooper

Hiya- I'm looking at flights for a reccie too and I found this website which ahs loads of info about seats and reviews. Hope it helps :)

Guest jaxcooper
    Hiya- I'm looking at flights for a reccie too and I found this website which ahs loads of info about seats and reviews. Hope it helps :)

Forgot to put the link- I'm a plank :wacko:

http://www.airlinequality.com/

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi we went in feb 09 with singapore airlines, 2 adults 4 boys, i cant find a fault with them, food, in flight entertainment, the way we were treated.even in the airpot in singapore you get discounts on food and drink if you tell them your flying with singapore airlines, havnt been on the other airlines so cant compare, but will definatly fly back with them

Singapore airways are very good and consistently get good reviews from people on this forum. We always used to go with Singapore, but flew Malaysian last year (and have flown with them before) and would say they are equally as good as Singapore, if not better. My experiences with Cathay pacific and Qantas were a long long time ago, but some relatives flew over from Australia to the UK a few weeks ago on Qantas/BA and had no complaints. Most people would probably say that Singapore are better than Qantas but not worth paying £3000 extra for. Can you not vary your dates? Often if you fly earlier in December (say before the 10th) you can usually get the flights a lot cheaper.

Guest Hansonhouse

Singapore and Cathay Pacific are the ones that we used and were great. Know people that have used Qantas and BA and also said how good they were. I use Qantas quite a lot for domestic flights and I have to say they always really well organised and friendly

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi

We flew with BA over Easter and we had no complaints about the staff, food, or airgraft in general. Our only complaint was that the leg room wasn't as good as on the internal Qantas flights we took, but this might have been because we were on a different aircraft. Which ever airline you choose its a long flight.

Guest Lisajonesey

Hello!

We booked ours through British Airways. Their prices were a lot cheaper when we phoned them.. so maybe they could be worth a go?

Guest Trakki

We flew with Singapore and would recommend them to everyone and we travelled with 4 children aged from 7 to 1. My mum used Qantas when she came a few years ago and didn't have any problems and I believe she has booked again with them for December to visit. She originally looked at Singapore but cost pushed her towards Qantas. Obviously she travelled alone so don't know what they are like with kids.