Guest Janine3979

Hi I'm Connor age 8 moving to Adelaide in september

Guest Janine3979

:unsure:

I'm very nervous about moving to Adelaide because I'm going to leave all my friends is it easy to make new friends, my mum says we might be moving to golden grove or gawler are these nice places to live and are the schools the same as in england?

Connor Gibson

Guest kangomik

Hey up Connor, no need to worry.

I brought my kids when they were 10, they came from a small place called Lancashire in England. They have made new friends easily, and enjoy going to school as they get to play out quite a bit more than in England.

They play a lot of sports and even have Chinese lessons in school.

You would only be 20 minutes from the beach (Golden grove), i am sure you will spend some weekends down there. Don't forget the ice cream before travelling home!

Guest Janine3979

Hey we are from Chorley, Lancashire!

Guest kangomik

Aww you may know a small place called Bamber Bridge.

Guest UzinOz

Hi Connor, my name is Luke and I'm 8 next month, I was six when I came to Adelaide and I didnt want to come and leave my friends :sad: but I have met lots of friends here and its lots of fun:). School is a bit different but there is lots of sports and lots of play equipment and we spend lots of time outside in the sunshine. In the summer we go to the beach lots and have barbies lots.

dont worry about moving here because its good fun. :P

sees ya

Luke

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi Connor

My son is 8. We moved here last November and he loves it here. He loves the beaches. He is enjoying school and has made loads of friends. He plays out a lot more than in UK. I don't know the areas you might be moving to but I'm sure you will be OK.

Connor,

you will have no trouble making new friends.................ozzies love that accent! As scousers, we get it all the time about ours, and we play it up.

Gawler is a really nice place, and there are lots of ex-pats there................and i am told the schools are real nice too.

Good luck with your move

Jane

Guest Janine3979
    Hi Connor, my name is Luke and I'm 8 next month, I was six when I came to Adelaide and I didnt want to come and leave my friends :sad: but I have met lots of friends here and its lots of fun:). School is a bit different but there is lots of sports and lots of play equipment and we spend lots of time outside in the sunshine. In the summer we go to the beach lots and have barbies lots.

dont worry about moving here because its good fun. :P

sees ya

Luke

Hi Luke,

It sounds really good, still a bit worried but my mum and dad are really excited. I`ve been told there is lots of spiders too? that worries me a bit:)

Connor

Guest UzinOz

dont worry i've seen only 3 white tips no red backs and a few huntsman spiders. I haven't seen a snake but some cool lizards. You will like it here in the sunshine.

sees ya

p.s. if you need to ask anything else just get in touch

Luke

Guest Robbie

Hi Connor

It is fun in Adelaide. I came out when i was 4 i'm now 8 i turned 8 on 2nd May 2009.

I lived in Haslingden, Lanchashre lived in a Town called Haslingden I LOVE living in Adelaide. We get to play sports and go camping a lot more.

bye

:)

Guest Janine3979
    Hi Connor

It is fun in Adelaide. I came out when i was 4 i'm now 8 i turned 8 on 2nd May 2009.

I lived in Haslingden, Lanchashre lived in a Town called Haslingden I LOVE living in Adelaide. We get to play sports and go camping a lot more.

bye

:)

Hi robbie

Everyone seems to love it. my uncle liam says its great. what kind of sports do you play and do you play sports at school. My mum works at the hospital in haslingden. its not far off where we live in chorley.

Guest Lisado

Hi Connor

My son Alex is 9 and we are moving to Adelaide in September. He has just realised he wont see his friends here all the time anymore but I know he will make friends there. You can always PM him if you want to chat. I know he is excited and nervous. We also have to leave his snake Iggy behind which he is not happy about

Lisa

Guest Rob&SamThomas

Hi Connor

We only moved over 3 weeks ago and live in Evanston which is not far from Gawler. We've done some great things so far. My boys are 12 and 7 and they are both very happy and have settled into school as well.

Let us know if you want to find out about anything else in the Gawler area.

Best wishes

Sam

Guest sam2500

Hi Connor my name is sam and i am 8. I am coming to adelaide in september hopefully, but are trying to sort a few final things out.

I am nervous as well about leaving my friends.

Do you play football or what other sports do you like?

Sam

Guest Robbie

Hi Connor,

That is funny, my mum used to work in Haslingden too and my dad was born in Haslingden. We went to Haslingden Primary School.

We were born in Burnley though and we are happy because Burnley has gone up to the Premiership League.

I play soccer over here - which is called soccer in England. I play for school and for a club.

Robbie