Guest Damien

Bricklaying work?

Guest Damien

Hi All,

My first post in PIA, been looking at Poms in Oz for ages and didn't know about this site. Doh!

Anyway, we are waiting for state sponsorship to be confirmed then want to come over asap. I'm a bricklayer. Anyone know what the work situation is like in Adelaide?

Cheers!

Damo

hi mate,its getting a bit quiet,there is still work here but not the demand of a few months ago.its all about contacts which as you know take time to build up.ive been here 3 years so got a few contacts,at the moment im keeping busy.i dont think it will get to bad here,speaking to the supervisiors there are pleanty of houses coming through.hope this helps all the best mate.mark.

Guest PompeyPom

Ditto Damien,

In the same boat as you mate cant wait to go and have a look.Agree with what Mark has said as i have good contacts in uk and very busy at mo in the middle of all the doom and gloom,might be as i mainly build extensions,patio work etc and not in the new build workplace.Mark i notice you live in noarlunga this is an area we are looking at any input would be great,also what are the major differences between bricklaying in uk to oz if any.

All the best lads regards scott n gang

Hi there,

It's interesting to hear from Mark about the slow down in the building. We have a family arriving on Wednesday and he's a builder....I will pm Mark (and maybe send through a cv) as it's really who you know gets your foot in the door. There's plenty of building work going on around us...in Seaford, Noarlunga Downs, etc.

And for PompeyPom...we live in Port Noarlunga...great beach, great village, great place...but then again I am slightly biased!