Guest AndyTG

Indie Rock, Football and Beer

Guest AndyTG

Hi, just turned up in Adelaide (South Brighton). Any advice on where's good to get some decent live music or failing that just beer and chewing the fat would be most welcome!

Liverpool fan (and yes I'm from Kent), so any advice on where to watch matches would be good.

Cheers

Guest Chelseadownunder

Im not sure of upcomings gigs, but keen Indie fan also. Dont follow Liverpool though. Blue is the colour. Dont mention Barcelona!!!!

We did have an amazing match with you guys.

Steve

Guest soggy
    Hi, just turned up in Adelaide (South Brighton). Any advice on where's good to get some decent live music or failing that just beer and chewing the fat would be most welcome!

Liverpool fan (and yes I'm from Kent), so any advice on where to watch matches would be good.

Cheers

A Liverpool fan from Kent, why ? when Kent has such a great team of its own.

Simon

(Adelaide Gills founder and only member):)

Oops, got so carried away with a chance to mention my beloved Chatham Town (wow twice on one thread), that I forgot to say The Guv at Hindmarsh is the best live music venue we've found so far. They have a mixture there but certainly some decent bands.

Hey I'd recommend http://www.ripitup.com.au/ for gig listings. There's a printed copy (free) that comes out each Thursday and is available at pubs, cafes etc everywhere. Some good live music venues are The Gov on Port Road (hindmarsh) and The Wheatsheaf Hotel (Thebarton) - both easy on the tram. Also look at Crown and Anchor in the city (some heavier stuff), plus Jive and the Grace Emily in the city. Keen to join in with any indie/rock/meeting new people over some drinks type evenings :)

Hey I'd recommend http://www.ripitup.com.au/ for gig listings. There's a printed copy (free) that comes out each Thursday and is available at pubs, cafes etc everywhere. Some good live music venues are The Gov on Port Road (hindmarsh) and The Wheatsheaf Hotel (Thebarton) - both easy on the tram. Also look at Crown and Anchor in the city (some heavier stuff), plus Jive and the Grace Emily in the city. Keen to join in with any indie/rock/meeting new people over some drinks type evenings :)

I'll have a bit of that mate, sounds good to me!

Guest Purple

Yip, any decent rock/grunge/metal nights the Mr and mi'sel are up for.

Craving a bit of rock at the moment, went to the gov last night but the Paul Kelly tribute wasn't quite for me. It was alright like, don't get me wrong, but my face never melted nor did my ears bleed!!!

For Rock/Grunge/Metal you'll want to check out Enigma Bar and The Crown and Anchor in the city, for football The Rosemont in town is the best place, however it does get packed out for your Liverpool and Scum (Man Utd) matches.

If anyone wants to add me on facebook then just drop me a PM.