Guest rich

So annoyed at stupid bureaucracy

Guest rich

I have to vent my spleen as I've got nowhere else to vent it... Also to get any advice:notworthy:

My wife and I have permanent visas and WERE coming over in summer. We had a baby after our visas were granted, a couple of months after our recce.

Literally the moment he was born in January we began the visa process and he did a medical. It went to the necessary people and... now they've lost his details and the medical. After 3 months of phoning every few weeks and being assured the process was running smoothly... they phoned to say it was gone.

Really annoyed. I can't do anything as I'm currently supervising a Year 11 practice exam but I would very much like to scream and run away.

:(:arghh::mad:

rich

Guest BAZnDAF

I can see why you would be a annoyed at that! Hope they sort it out for you soon. Good luck.

Barry

I had a similar experience when I was applying for permanent residency in Adelaide after getting married. I submitted all the forms to the offices in town (no internet then) and was told not to phone to check progress, it would only take a few weeks. Well the weeks and the months went by and still nothing, so in the end I went into the office to find out what was happening. After a long wait the person found my application, at the back of a drawer, and explained very red-faced and apologetically that it hadn't been processed at all!!

So it was literally lost at the back of a drawer!. I got my new visa about a week later, which showed how little they had to do to process it.

I suppose mistakes happen and we are all human but it is really annoying when it happens to you!

Guest rich

Well... funny you should say this, but after being on the phone for several hours i may well be getting somewhere here... may be a similar situation to your one. Will keep posted... fingers crossed!!:wacko:

rich

I had a similar experience when I was applying for permanent residency in Adelaide after getting married. I submitted all the forms to the offices in town (no internet then) and was told not to phone to check progress, it would only take a few weeks. Well the weeks and the months went by and still nothing, so in the end I went into the office to find out what was happening. After a long wait the person found my application, at the back of a drawer, and explained very red-faced and apologetically that it hadn't been processed at all!!

So it was literally lost at the back of a drawer!. I got my new visa about a week later, which showed how little they had to do to process it.

I suppose mistakes happen and we are all human but it is really annoying when it happens to you!

Guest rich

Hooray!

Yesterday after lots of frantic calls and shouting and stamping of feet the unexpected happened! They found my son's information... and he DOES have his visa, they just left it at the bottom of a draw or whatever and hadn't told us. Talk about much ado about nothing....

Just goes to show, sometimes you CAN strike a blow agaist bureaucracy! I feel lucky now, just going to check if i won the lottery...

no, didn't win. I'll try next time!

Guest caoimhe
    Hooray!

Yesterday after lots of frantic calls and shouting and stamping of feet the unexpected happened! They found my son's information... and he DOES have his visa, they just left it at the bottom of a draw or whatever and hadn't told us. Talk about much ado about nothing....

Just goes to show, sometimes you CAN strike a blow agaist bureaucracy! I feel lucky now, just going to check if i won the lottery...

no, didn't win. I'll try next time!

Really glad you got it sorted, don't worry about the lottery you'll be living in the sunshine soon :jiggy:

Glad you got it all sorted out in the end, that's a huge relief. Must have been hard doing it all by phone. Those drawers in Australia must black holes lurking inside !!!

Guest back clan

Congrats and good luck with your move!!!!!

Guest rich
    Did you save copies and receipt?

all done... phew! I have slain bureuacracy! Yeeha!