Guest cunnah10

much work in Adelaide for dog groomers?

Guest cunnah10

Hi just wondered if there was much work in Adelaide for dog groomers....and are qualifications/certificates recognised over there that were passed in the UK?

Guest motlyman

There are heaps of dog wash trailers around doing that kind of thing and i believe they do other stuff like clipping etc.

Most seem to be franchises.

I have a Jim's pool care business and i can see on our website that there are quite a few unserviced jobs on the board so maybe something to look at.

Colin

my friend has set up a mobile grooming business and its getting busier each week. she doesnt have a van thing and is working on her uk qualifictions i think. there are that many dogs here.

kathx

Guest Jo&Phil

As Colin says there are lots of mobile dog washers/clippers etc and the usual 'poodle parlours' ...........all seem to be busy.

There is a Certiticate 3 in Animal Services and there may be higher certificate levels (eg: level 4) or Diplomas. Certificate 3 is broadly close to NVQ2 but absolute clarification would obviously help, if you're using a migration agent they might know more.

Guest Libby1971

Lots of dog groomers here cater to small dogs. There are not so many catering to large dogs or not that I have found. My beloved is a hairy beastie who needs a haircut. The only place we liked enough to go back to twice has just gone out of business.

We did use a mobile service but he kept tugging Alfie around and he was scared of him. The stupid man said that he needed to be on a choke chain as he was out of control. :skeptical:Funny that no-one else has ever had the same problem

Guest Jo&Phil

This is really for Libby, so sorry to jump in on the other post.............:idea:. there is a place in Edwardstown on South Road (Pet Stock or similar) where you can take your dog and wash him yourself and blow dry him too ....... much nicer when it's chilly outside. Our Great Dane fits in their 'baths'.

Gill: there used to be lots of places that let you do this but they're a bit few and far between now ........ so if you fancy setting up that sort of business along with the usual cut and blow dry service for the smaller clients, you could find yourself busy! :D