Guest spod

validating visa nov 09

Guest spod

hi my family are coming to adelaide to validate our visa in november we have 2 teenagers james 19 and carly 18, our concern is how will they integrate into society and make friends we really want to sell adelaide to them as we loved it, would really appreciate some advice as to where there generation go to have fun :confused:thanks maria

Hi there Maria!

We have a 19 year old, a 17 year old and a 15 year old. They also had their concerns about moving.

Are they planning to work or study further? TAFE SA is a good place to do further studies and there's a real good chance of them meeting people on a course.

Friends of ours from Yorkshire were here in March to activate their visas. They have two girls aged 17 and 16 with plenty of doubts about whether they would like it here. They did! They are selling up and returning soon.

It's a really big move but in time all the pieces of the old life like friends etc are put back in place. There are a lot of Brits here and there's plenty of help to be found from the members on this site.

At 19 and 18 they will probably be visiting the clubs and pubs in town! There's a really active social scene and town is packed at night time. It's safe and they can explore. How long are you here for? There's all the tourist stuff to do (if your teenagers still do that sort of thing with you?).

In November the warm weather will be back. Stay near one of the beaches and you will easily sell the place to them!

hi my family are coming to adelaide to validate our visa in november we have 2 teenagers james 19 and carly 18, our concern is how will they integrate into society and make friends we really want to sell adelaide to them as we loved it, would really appreciate some advice as to where there generation go to have fun :confused:thanks maria

I am also in this position. We are currently looking for flights end Oct beg Nov to validate visas. I have two daughters who will be 19 and 17. We have been before but that was 7 years ago. I really need to sell Adelaide to them although they are really keen to come at the moment. My youngest will just have started her A levels so not thinking of moving until she finishes them in two years as dont want to spoil her education as she wants to go to uni. Any advice would be appreciated, especially from teachers on here re if we decided to move before.

Thanks