we're newbies. . .

The Hallidays

Hi to all on here. My name is Helen and my hubby is Richard. We've just submitted our 175 but are in the process of applying for ss to SA. It's been a long and costly process so far but i'm sure it will be worth it once we are there. I've been reading a few threads on here and also on POMSinOZ and have gained some really useful info. We're hoping to settle in Adelaide and are looking at some nice areas - thought Hallett Cove would be nice. But it would depend on where hubby found work. My hubby is an electrician - how easy would it be for him to find work?

He's contemplating doing a long distance learning course so that when we arrive he would only have the exam to sit and therefore be able to find work easier (or that's the plan anyway).

We have 2 children Olivia 11 and Harvey 7 - could anyone recommend schools for these that i could look at on the internet if poss.

Also, what is the footie like for the kids. My son is at Bradford City Academy at the moment and he would love to carry on playing when we move over there.

Any info that anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to make the move before this year is out. . . . :unsure:

Thanks Helen

Ok, Hallet Cove has good schools as far as i know, but because we are just building there, we will be keeping our kids at Seaview Downs primary school. Excellent little school, and very friendly people. As for the footie, Hallet Cove have a new under 8's team, which my son goes to, great coaches, and friendly people, mostly made up of ex-pats. Let us know when you get here, and sure we could help you out, hopefully our house building will be finished by then.

Shaun and Gillian

Hi to all on here. My name is Helen and my hubby is Richard. We've just submitted our 175 but are in the process of applying for ss to SA. It's been a long and costly process so far but i'm sure it will be worth it once we are there. I've been reading a few threads on here and also on POMSinOZ and have gained some really useful info. We're hoping to settle in Adelaide and are looking at some nice areas - thought Hallett Cove would be nice. But it would depend on where hubby found work. My hubby is an electrician - how easy would it be for him to find work?

He's contemplating doing a long distance learning course so that when we arrive he would only have the exam to sit and therefore be able to find work easier (or that's the plan anyway).

We have 2 children Olivia 11 and Harvey 7 - could anyone recommend schools for these that i could look at on the internet if poss.

Also, what is the footie like for the kids. My son is at Bradford City Academy at the moment and he would love to carry on playing when we move over there.

Any info that anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to make the move before this year is out. . . . :unsure:

Thanks Helen

Welcome newbies...have fun in here people always willing to help out.:D

footy ( soccer ) is quite big over woth alot of burbs having teams, were in Seaford and it ticks all of our boxes, altho we are builing our own place down at Aldinga Beach...you gotta take a look at what you want from where you want to live, schools, shops, drs, transport, travel to work, travel to beahc etc etc.

Than you can get a rought idea of where you would like to be.

I hope this helps somewhat and enjoy your stay here until it happens for real....its great.

Just hold tight...:chatterbox: