Lol63

Hi All,

just wanted to introduce myself, we are hopin to make the move around Sept/Oct to Adelaide and have a fair idea of the areas we are interested in, but was wonderin about high schools for my 14 yr old son and 12 yr old daughter, they seem to like Christie beach high so I would appreciate any comments, good or bad. We have lived in Oz for 2yrs but have decided to move interstate to Adelaide after visitin friends a few weeks ago.

Lol xx

Guest ReadyPenny

Hi Guys

Welcome to PIA. Not sure about the school, as we are up in the hills but just wanted to say hello!

Mandy

Guest CHORLEY GIRL

Hi,:D

Sorry, again can't offer any advice as not there yet but just wanted to say hi and welcome. I'm sure someone will be on shortly to offer lots of advice.

Jo and Tom x

It hasnt got the best of reputations....but this is just hear say.....can't speak of personal experience.

It hasn't had the best of reps for 30 odd yrs LOL! However area slowly changing. I'd say do a bit more research about what the kids like about the school. Come and have a look round it before you make up your mind.

Guest sandar1

Really does not have the best reputation, and for what it is worth my friends in this area all send their kids to the Catholic school, I know one of the kids (they are all cousins insisted on going public and it was a disaster lasted about 6 weeks) maybe take a look at the parochial schools. Schools can be a dilema, and when moving mid year it can be even worse (learnt that the hard way) everyone else has made friends and your kids in desperation to make friends are easily influenced. Maybe a school which is more family friendly may be a little better, especially as you have already made other moves. Hope all works out well, it is damn difficult making these decisions for not only yourself but also the kids isn't it.