Sign in to follow this  
Guest C&Z

Camping with Dogs

Guest C&Z

Hi

Does anyone know any good camp sites/caravan parks in SA that allows you to stay with Dogs?

Thank you.

Claire

Guest Jo&Phil

How lovely ....... 2 snoring tent occupants. 1: husband 2: dog

If you look at www.southaustralia.com they have accomm everywhere and a 'dog friendly' logo

National park camp sites generally don't accept dogs which might limit your choices a bit

Happy Camping ........ take ear plugs !

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Hi

Does anyone know any good camp sites/caravan parks in SA that allows you to stay with Dogs?

Thank you.

Claire

We have found pretty much it is everywhere that allows dogs apart from the Big 4 parks. Only issue is as mentioned above if you are in a National Park then there is no point in taking the dog, but if that is the case I know a great kennels!! :-)

Guest Aussie pat
    Hi

Thank you.

Claire

It's good news. We recently looked into this as we've just bought a puppy. According to the SA Caravan and Camping Guide 2009 (you can order it for free online at caravanandcampingsa.com.au) there are lots of nice caravan parks, 4 star included. We're now researching camper trailers to take her away in.

Guest C&Z

Hi

Thank you for your replies. We have just got back from camping on the Sunshine Coast and loved it but didn't take the dogs. We have two female 7 month old Kelpie x puppies. They are a bit crazy at the moment but hopefully doggy school will sort them out! We are now planning trips for the spring and are also looking into Camper trailers.

As for National Parks we really want to go so Kennels will have to be the answer there. Any recommendations would be great - thanks!

Aussie Pat - good luck with the puppy, what breed did you get?

Claire

Guest Libby1971

Also have a look for a webiste and book called Holidays with dogs I think it is. It covers the whole of Australia in all sorts of accommodation

Guest Aussie pat
    Hi

Thank you for your replies. We have just got back from camping on the Sunshine Coast and loved it but didn't take the dogs. We have two female 7 month old Kelpie x puppies. They are a bit crazy at the moment but hopefully doggy school will sort them out! We are now planning trips for the spring and are also looking into Camper trailers.

As for National Parks we really want to go so Kennels will have to be the answer there. Any recommendations would be great - thanks!

Aussie Pat - good luck with the puppy, what breed did you get?

Claire

Hi Claire,

We got a West Highland White as hubbie used to sail off the West Coast of Scotland and is very taken with the breed. We are looking at the Animal Welfare League at Wingfield for when we go away without her as it has a 'doggie lodge' for paying guests. It comes highly recommended by several of the ladies at my Mum's retirement village and apparently is different from the usual kennel set up. My manager at work also recommends a kennel at Meadows.

Hedy

Guest C&Z

Cheers.

I will go and get the book. I can't wait for the spring (though feels like spring today!).

Aussie Pat - I love Westie's my Auntie used to have a couple they were so loving and cute.

Claire

Guest salisbury massive

there is no point in taking the dog, but if that is the case I know a great kennels!!

Who do you recommend Suzie ? Would be interested to know. I've been going to Two Wells on Dianes recommendation but its a bit of a trek.

Jo

there is no point in taking the dog, but if that is the case I know a great kennels!!

Who do you recommend Suzie ? Would be interested to know. I've been going to Two Wells on Dianes recommendation but its a bit of a trek.

Jo

Hi Jo

Try asking Cheryl if you can drop the dog off at her work in Wynn Vale and pick it up from there. That's what we always do, or occasionally they bring the dog back for us. Only picked her up from Two Wells once on the way back from somewhere northern!

Diane :-)

Guest salisbury massive

I've thought of that but they charge me $30 to take fetch them & take them over there and it was just extra cost on top. I do like the kennels though, they are great people.