Guest dawnie

hi to all

Guest dawnie

Hi my names Dawn im a mental health nurse working in dementia hopefully relocating with bupa who i work for in uk, on 457 visa, how was the registration proccess with south au nursing board?

would love to hear your expieriances in oz

thanks

Dawn x:)

Guest Jamie&Carrie

Hi Dawn,

im a nurse i came over from the UK with my boyfriend in december also on a 457. Im working in oncology at a private hospital in Adelaide which im really enjoying. Weve settled in very quickly and love it here. The nursing culture is very different here and at first it can be frustrating. I found the whole registration process a bit ball ache but once youve got all necessary documentation together its pretty much plain sailing from there. Good luck with the move hope it all goes well for you and if you need any help or advice just ask.

Hya, we are both menatl health nurses here in Adelaide. You will find the experience very different and a little upsetting but we are happy to meet up with you so you can vent!!! good luck

Guest dawnie
    Hyaoth menatl health nurses here in Adelaide. You will find the experience very different and a little upsetting but we are happy to meet up with you so you can vent!!! good luck

Hi thanks for the reply, iv heard it's abit differant over there!, i qualified 27yrs ago so maybe it'l be a trip down memory lane!! lol

what part of Adelaide are you in? hopefully be sorting my registration out soon waiting for phone call from manager of bupa(used to be amity care) any day now, not sure whether to go Queendsland or south decisions!!

Great to meet up and swop stories and put the whole world in order typical psych nurse!!

take care

Dawn x;)

Guest dawnie
    Hi Dawn,

im a nurse i came over from the UK with my boyfriend in december also on a 457. Im working in oncology at a private hospital in Adelaide which im really enjoying. Weve settled in very quickly and love it here. The nursing culture is very different here and at first it can be frustrating. I found the whole registration process a bit ball ache but once youve got all necessary documentation together its pretty much plain sailing from there. Good luck with the move hope it all goes well for you and if you need any help or advice just ask.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your life down under ,are you renting?cant buy while on 457 can you? registration is confusing well it is me!!

keep in touch

take care

Dawn xx:)

Yep, we both trained approx 24 years ago, not exactly a trip down memory lane lol

Adelaide is a good place to live, we enjoy the life here. good luck with your decision