Guest rocker

is IELTS required for Sponsorship?

Guest rocker

this is for a friend of mine, I think I read here once that the IELTS test was not required to get the S.A sponsorship, he's not from an english speaking country......can anyone confirm???

rocker

Guest Ellie
    this is for a friend of mine, I think I read here once that the IELTS test was not required to get the S.A sponsorship, he's not from an english speaking country......can anyone confirm???

rocker

I don't think it's required so long as he has enough points but I think depending on the quality of English there may be a clause to take at test within so many months of arrival.

This is a quote from the SA website which can be found here http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/centric/migrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

I hope this helps

Peter

English language ability

The required level of English language ability depends on the type of Nominated Skilled occupation. Applicants who are applying for Provisional Sponsorship may be eligible to participate in the Concessional English Program.

The following table displays the required level of English and evidence you will need to provide.

Requirement

Evidence required

Non-trades

IELTS* result obtained within the last two (2) years, showing:

• a band score of at least six (6.0) on each of the four components – speaking, reading, listening, and writing

Trades

IELTS* result obtained within the last two (2) years, showing:

• a band score of at least five (5.0) on each of the four components – speaking, reading, listening, and writing

Concessional English

(only available for applicants of Provisional sponsorship)

Temporarily suspended until further notice. Visit this website for further updates

*IELTS International English Language Testing System

Note: You will not be required to show evidence of your English language ability if you hold a passport from one of the following countries:

• United Kingdom

• Canada

• New Zealand

• United States of America

• Republic of Ireland