Guest Sarah Wright

Music is a must - help !!!!!

Guest Sarah Wright

Hi this is the first time i have written on the forum but i have gained alot of help from reading other peoples stuff (thanks everyone). We are due to come to South Australia in March 2010 so still have alot of planning etc to do.

I have 3 kids who are still quite young so are not too stressed about going but i want to make the move as easy as possible.

My two lads are 7 and 10 are mad on music and play guitar and drums. They are currently attending a fantastic rock school on a Saturday morning where they recieve lessons then all the kids play music together for the last hour. They also have regular concerts and play rock / pop music thats currently in the charts. I know there will be a

l ot of things that they will miss about England but it is something they are pationate about and think it will help them to settle in. Just wondered if anyone has any idea if there was anything similar in Adelaide (want to live Brighton ish area).

I have researched the net the best i can but there just seems to be private lessons available.

Marryatville High also has a fantastic music programme with loads of bands and orchestras and great facilities. And I know Charles Campbell also has several school bands. Both are state schools.

Guest Sarah Wright

Thanks everyone i'll start having a look.:chatterbox: