Sign in to follow this  
Guest ezmuzic

ODA/ODP & Anaesthetic staff.

Guest ezmuzic

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are any ODA/ODP's out there working who could give me some advice on the job front? I am a new fangled UK Anaesthetic Practitioner (Non Medical Anaesthetist) but was an ODP before doing this training, my wife is an Oncology nurse and we are both desperate to get out to OZ.

We are coming to perth and Adelaide in November, these are our 2 chosen states to find work.

Any help from anyone in the OZ health service would really help us both.

Many Thanks.

Mark & Sam

Guest CARMEN

Hi !

I'm An Anaesthetic Nurse Going To Oz In 2008 But I Do Have A Friend Whos An Odp(anaes.) Going To Perth In January. She Got Her Job Through An Agency, Which I Don't Know The Name Of Off Hand But I Will Find Out For You.

I Have To Admit I Haven't Come Across Your Job Before But It Sounds Mint !

Good Luck To You Both!!

Guest ezmuzic
    Hi !

I'm An Anaesthetic Nurse Going To Oz In 2008 But I Do Have A Friend Whos An Odp(anaes.) Going To Perth In January. She Got Her Job Through An Agency, Which I Don't Know The Name Of Off Hand But I Will Find Out For You.

I Have To Admit I Haven't Come Across Your Job Before But It Sounds Mint !

Good Luck To You Both!!

Thanks Carmen,

It would be a great help if you could find the agency that she used. The job I am doing now is new there are only 51 of us in the UK it is really good but hard work, as an ODA I always thought anaesthetics consisted of big syringe small syringe and that was it!!!!! I have read an article about the introduction of Anaesthetic Practitioners in Perth and that they will be using the UK model, I thought if I was out there when they introduced it it would stand me in good stead, as I said I don't mind going back to ODAing for a little whilst waiting.

Mark.