niknjas

Packing materials - suggestions

Hi

Started packing some of our stuff that wasn't needed as not used that often e.g. glasses and crockery in newspaper etc and had a sudden thought; All outside stuff needs to be superclean with Jeyes, what about this stuff? Newspaper is going to leave marks - what did you pack your stuff in or did you just leave everything to the removal co?

Thanks

Niki

Guest Libby1971

We had moved from our house into a rental before leaving the UK. When we left our house we had packed the stuff ourselves using materials we had bought from a removal company. When it came to sorting the stuff and packing to move here, we chose to have a company pack and document everything. In most cases this meant opening a box and transferring the contents to another but listing it. We had heard that if customs see a list that has been supplied by a removal company then they are more likely to accept the declaration of the contents of those boxes. Of course, they still do spot checks but if your shipment is the one that they choose to inspect, it can be an expensive process.

Newspaper might leave marks. I would contact a removal company near you and ask for packing materials. You can buy them from them not a problem.

Thanks for that Libby

I did feel a bit of a dozy bint asking but had a sudden nasty thought so thought best ask those in the know. Luckily I haven't packed too much and have the first of the packers to come and quote the week after next.

Niki