Sign in to follow this  
Guest Drumms

Short term rental - Henley, Grange area?

Guest Drumms

Hello all,

Not due out till next year, but starting to look for possible short term furnished rentals, something similar to Roo Rentals in the Grange, Henley Beach area. We have family there, so close to them would be great. Did look at Adelaide Shores, but it's quite expensive for a period of 3-4 weeks.

If we did look at Roo Rentals which I believe is Hallet Cove, how long would it take to drive to Grange?

Many thanks,

Kez :wacko:

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi!

We are looking to live around the same area as you (and arrive in 3 weeks)

We applied for the on arrival accomadation (as we're on 475 visa's) You only need to give a week's notice, and you can stay there for 12 weeks.. could this be an option for you guys?

Will be out in a few weeks, so will keep you posted if we find anything else. x

Guest Drumms

Hi Lisa,

We have friends who have been in Adelaide 3 weeks now. They managed to get a rental and buy a car within their first week. They are based at Henley Beach. I'm sure they would be happy to offer any advice or a cuppa if needed. Let me know and I can pass on their details!

Good luck with the move, :jiggy:

Kerry

Guest Emu
    Hi!

We are looking to live around the same area as you (and arrive in 3 weeks)

We applied for the on arrival accomadation (as we're on 475 visa's) You only need to give a week's notice, and you can stay there for 12 weeks.. x

Hi, you need to give 6 weeks notice, see official site:

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/centric/migrate_from_overseas/on_arrival_services/on_arrival_public_accommodation.jsp

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi.. sorry.. I meant.. you only need to give a week's notice to move out.

Yes, you do need to give as much notice as you can to register for the housing though... but generally, it's meant to be a bit cheaper.

Lisa

Guest Emu
    Hi.. sorry.. I meant.. you only need to give a week's notice to move out.

Yes, you do need to give as much notice as you can to register for the housing though... but generally, it's meant to be a bit cheaper.

Lisa

No problem! :)

I think the OAA is a good deal, we didn't get it, as we wanted to come asap. At the moment our rent is swallowing all our savings as we don't have a job and now in hindsight, our rental is far too expensive for what it is.

Guest howie

Dear Emu and Lisajonesey

On the official site that you linked, it says 475 offshore are entitlted to OAA but no mention of 475. Do you know whether my 475 will get me OAA? Someone else has said yes but why thge website is not clear.

Thanks

H

Guest Emu

Hi, Yes you can get OAA, we didn't use them in the end, because we wanted to come asap and for OAA you have to give at least 6 weeks notice, but I did contact them before hand.

It's good idea to contact them to register your details, even before you have the visa, as they send you lots of information about rentals, hotels, etc, just in case you can't use them.